Way to get new decks without buying them from a store?

Matheww

Hello, before I start asking questions, I just want to say this is a wonderful game and I see a big future for it.

Now, I wanted to know if there was a way to get new decks and stuff without going to a shop and buying a one, because I don't collect cards inreal life, I rather play on the internet like this. So could I use paypal or something to buy them, if I could get a respond, it'll be great.

I don't think there's a way to buy the code cards directly from manufacturers, but you can buy online through "third-party distributors" like auction sites for a lot cheaper, because you aren't buying physical cards to go with it.

There is a way! Here is the way:

By beating 12 Trainer Challenge trainers with one of the decks, you will be able to use those cards in PTCGO!

Of course, you are then limited to what the decks in Basic Red, Basic Blue, and Basic Green (plus Yellow, but that's already in the PTCGO when you enter it.). But, you can at least still play the game!

I won an ebay auction last Saturday paying $3.99 for 10 booster codes. I see normally they go on sale for $6 or $7 so I think I got a pretty good deal. For $3.99 I can't even get a real physical booster in my local stores (but yeah each newer booster does have an online code too... for the holiday tin box I got for my kids those booster has no code!).

But as Daykora75 said winning the Single player Trainer Challenge will unlock the Red, Green and Blue decks cards. So may be get some booster code on ebay and then mod the unlocked decks? You can also get all the B&W theme decks code for about $5~$7 each (if you buy these for real you get the code for free). There are also 4 HSS theme decks code you can get each comes with a special rare promo card plus 3 booster codes.

Personally I think it is way cheaper to play in here than with real cards.... however, I have kids who love to play the cards so I do both.

Archived