Mewtwo x Mew GX Attack Effect

Chrolo4

Sorry that I apparently don't know its English name, but I sometimes used the GX Attack of Mew-Mewtwo, however its Special Effect never activated (which is that with 1 Extra Energy attached it would heal all damage of my whole party). It never healed any damage so far, I guess like I checked it 4 times now. Is it a well known bug...?

Since I usually play the Stadium card which reduces the Energy Cost for attacks of Psycho-Pokémon, it should only need 3 Energies (2 Psycho) for having this '1 Extra Energy' attached. I can't tell for sure, but it's possible that I had this Stadium Card activated everytime, so can this be the cause maybe...? That the GX Attack doesn't recognize the Stadium Card's effect?

BukWyrm

Actually, I would disagree with the above explanation a bit... As shown below, quoted from the compendium, where Thunder Mountain acts as Dimension Valley and Pikazek for Mewthree, Dimension Valley actually reduces the base energy requirement of Miraculous Duo GX to two Psychic, which means only three energy is required for the bonus effect in total (two Psychic for the base energy requirement and 1 for the bonus effect). The "(in addition to its attack cost)" text takes into account the changes to the base attack costs, such as Dimension Valley or Thunder Mountain Prism Star, or even Sunflora's Solar Power attack. I can explain a bit further since I see you're a bit confused, your explanation would work if the effect text was something like that of Sky Legends GX or Double Blaze GX under the effect of Solar Power. I'd like to first explain with the case of Double Blaze GX with Solar Power, Sunflora's Solar Power attack ignores the attack cost in Double Blaze GX (such that it would have no Base attack cost), however to activate Double Blaze GX's additional effect, 3 fire energies would be required, this, taking into account that the base attack cost is zero, would result in a total of 3 fire energies required for the 300 damage and ignoration of effects instead of the normal 200 damage. For the example of Sky Legends GX, a fire energy, water energy and lightning energy are required in addition to the colorless energy of the base attack cost, meaning you can't attack with just a water, fire and lightning, but instead you'd need 1 more energy to cover the base attack cost in order to activate its additional attack effect of 3*110 damage spread. 

A counter example would be Muk and Alolan Muk GX's Nasty Goo Mix GX attack, it's base attack cost is nothing (alolan pokemon for the win) but it requires 4 energies for the 15 damage poison, hence one might think they could use Counter Gain or Dimension Valley to reduce the number of energies to activate the 15 damage counter poison, such as having a counter gain and having a dimension valley on board while behind on prizes would mean they could attack with the 15 damage poison for just two energies, hwoever this is wrong since Dimension Valley and Counter Gain both only reduce the base attack cost, which in this case is already zero, hence they would still need 4 additional energies to activate the additional poison. 

Please take a careful read through my explanation, in conclusion, the bonus effect's "in addition to its attack cost" refers to the most updated attack cost such as 2 psychic under the effect of Dimension Valley or 2 Lightning for Pikazek's Tag Bolt GX under the effect of Thunder Mountain Prism Star. As for the OP, I would suggest looking whether you had any extra colorless cost reduction such as Counter Gain which would not stack with Dimension Valley as Miraculous Duo GX only has 1 colorless cost, and the rest must be reduced or energized by psychic energy or cost reduction specifically. A game log of such an effect not occurring would be greatly appreciated. 

If Thunder Mountain {*} is in play, does Pikachu & Zekrom GX's "Tag Bolt GX" attack need 5 {L} attached or 6 {L} attached in order to get its bonus effect?
The base energy requirement of the attack is one {L} less for Thunder Mountain {*}, but it does not apply to the additional energy required for its bonus effect. You need 5 {L} attached in order to get the bonus when Thunder Mountain {*} is in play.
Source: TPCi Rules Team (2019-08-01)
Mod_GuruLot
On 5/19/2021 at 10:53 AM, Chrolo4 said:

Sorry that I apparently don't know its English name, but I sometimes used the GX Attack of Mew-Mewtwo, however its Special Effect never activated (which is that with 1 Extra Energy attached it would heal all damage of my whole party). It never healed any damage so far, I guess like I checked it 4 times now. Is it a well known bug...?

Since I usually play the Stadium card which reduces the Energy Cost for attacks of Psycho-Pokémon, it should only need 3 Energies (2 Psycho) for having this '1 Extra Energy' attached. I can't tell for sure, but it's possible that I had this Stadium Card activated everytime, so can this be the cause maybe...? That the GX Attack doesn't recognize the Stadium Card's effect?

Hello @Chrolo4

This is a follow-up on the possible bug you reported. 

Have you had a chance to send a game log for this scenario to support? This would be so useful. 

Thank you!

Mod_GuruLot
On 5/19/2021 at 11:38 AM, Chasista said:

Get a log and send it to support: https://support.pokemon.com

Thank you @Chasista for helping out the fellow trainer and pointing a correct direction to get the problem taken a look into.   👍

Chrolo4
On 5/20/2021 at 12:00 AM, BukWyrm said:

Actually, I would disagree with the above explanation a bit... As shown below, quoted from the compendium, where Thunder Mountain acts as Dimension Valley and Pikazek for Mewthree, Dimension Valley actually reduces the base energy requirement of Miraculous Duo GX to two Psychic, which means only three energy is required for the bonus effect in total (two Psychic for the base energy requirement and 1 for the bonus effect). The "(in addition to its attack cost)" text takes into account the changes to the base attack costs, such as Dimension Valley or Thunder Mountain Prism Star, or even Sunflora's Solar Power attack. I can explain a bit further since I see you're a bit confused, your explanation would work if the effect text was something like that of Sky Legends GX or Double Blaze GX under the effect of Solar Power. I'd like to first explain with the case of Double Blaze GX with Solar Power, Sunflora's Solar Power attack ignores the attack cost in Double Blaze GX (such that it would have no Base attack cost), however to activate Double Blaze GX's additional effect, 3 fire energies would be required, this, taking into account that the base attack cost is zero, would result in a total of 3 fire energies required for the 300 damage and ignoration of effects instead of the normal 200 damage. For the example of Sky Legends GX, a fire energy, water energy and lightning energy are required in addition to the colorless energy of the base attack cost, meaning you can't attack with just a water, fire and lightning, but instead you'd need 1 more energy to cover the base attack cost in order to activate its additional attack effect of 3*110 damage spread. 

Thank You for thinking about this issue.

I actually get your point, but I don't see where you disagree with me. Following your explanation you should also find it strange that the GX Bonus-effect didn't activate i my case. Because Dimension Valley would lower the Attack cost first of all, I didn't expect it to effect the necessary 'bonus Energy' itself.

If the text would say "additionally to the BASE attack cost of the attack", THEN I would get the problem. However (at least in the German translation) it is not. And I am sure it's not a translation mistake, because such a popular card gets played in Tournaments too, people would see this right away for sure.

Sadly I have no game log, BUT I will provide one soon when it happens again (in German Language though ...)

Actually it happened again 2 days ago, next time I will save the log.

BukWyrm

@chloro4 

Not at all, didn't disagree with your opening post, just Chasista's explanation that he/she seemed to edit after, I was just trying to clear things up about the "bonus effect" Tag Team GX attacks have, hope you get a log soon and hope the bug, if at all, gets fixed as soon as possible