Draw 3 cards? Please don't use them, they're bad.

Yeesterbunny

Posted (edited)

If there was ever a chance for a draw 3 supporter to be considered, the 2019 World Championships was it.

Professor Sycamore had rotated out and Professor's Research wasn't around yet but even with no discard and draw 7 supporter not a single deck in the top 8 of each division had any Hau(the standard legal draw 3 card of the time) in them. Draw 3 is really that bad.

As expected Cynthia made a showing but not in every deck, Dedenne-GX was abundant but not in every deck. Welder pulled double duty in many decks(drawing only 3 but accelerating energy as well).

Instead of anyone using Hau we see choices like Lillie, Tate & Liza and even Hapu!

Hapu!
It is considered better to pick 2 of the top 6 and discard the other 4 than to just draw the top three! Sorry Hau (and Hop, Tierno, Cheren) but you're just no good. These top players would rather use 4 spots for Acro Bikes than waste a single deck slot on Hau!
2019 was your chance Hau, but you didn't measure up, pack your bags and head back to theme decks where you belong!

Edited by Yeesterbunny
It censored the number 3??
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know why the idea came to your mind so powerful that you had to plasm it in the forums haha.

I haven't found no one playing Draw 3 for a while in Expanded, which is what I most play, so I think once you reach a certain ELO level through the initial barrier of beginning, the options to see it are lower, but I guess you have seen some and you felt the pain in your soul while your opponent was being destroyed, faster than slowly.

Either way, you're right. It's awful in terms of playability. You forgot to name Cilan by the way haha. Happily (or not), it's an old card without reprints that sees no play anymore, but I remember to see the Tierno+Cilan combo back in the past at the initial stages of the game. Other times...

Edited by Chasista
typo

I was just looking at the 2019 Worlds deck lists and didn't see as much Cynthia as I was expecting. Seeing choices like Hapu made me think there was a strong argument against draw 3 cards, so I had a bit of fun writing that up.

This is probably one of the greatest posts ever. Just so randomly great. You honestly made my day.😁

2 hours ago, Vintagesegakidd said:

This is probably one of the greatest posts ever. Just so randomly great. You honestly made my day.😁

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it.

hapu was there for mew3 decks, because you need to discard pokemon to use their atttacks.

2 hours ago, Radruby317 said:

hapu was there for mew3 decks, because you need to discard pokemon to use their atttacks.

Yeah, if any card made an appearance in a worlds deck it must be useful for something. I was just having fun that Hapu(which seems pretty weak just by looking) made it to worlds but Hau didn't.