Welcoming comments on my BST based deck

ArchaicTriad

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Getting back into the TCG after a few years out of the game.  I've mostly built this with battle styles cards and a few champions path.  I'm mostly concerned about how many energies I have, but any feedback is welcome!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Falinks BST 83
* 2 Rapid Strike Urshifu V BST 87
* 1 Rockruff CPA 29
* 1 Timburr BST 73
* 1 Gurdurr BST 74
* 1 Lycanroc CPA 30
* 1 Conkeldurr BST 75
* 1 Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX BST 88
* 2 Flapple V BST 18
* 3 Flapple VMAX BST 19
* 2 Empoleon V BST 40

##Trainer Cards - 21

* 2 Escape Rope BST 125
* 2 Poké Ball CPA 59
* 2 Rotom Phone CPA 64
* 1 Phoebe BST 130
* 3 Bruno BST 121
* 1 Hop CPA 73
* 1 Great Ball CPA 52
* 1 Potion CPA 61
* 2 Camping Gear BST 122
* 2 Korrina's Focus BST 128
* 1 Full Heal CPA 51
* 2 Level Ball BST 129
* 1 Cape of Toughness DAA 160

##Energy - 23

* 7 Water Energy Energy 3
* 5 Fighting Energy Energy 6
* 3 Rapid Strike Energy BST 140
* 8 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

EDIT 1 - Wrong forum, this is a physical deck, not online

Edited by ArchaicTriad
Wrong forum
  • Like 1

Welcome back.

Pokémon count is in the higher part of the normal margins but although I don't know what make all of them, for the energies what I see is you have too much types. If you play more than 2 types (colourless apart), then you need a lot more energies to cover all types and you end without space enough for the required trainers.A s you said about energies, too much. That forces not enough trainers, not even close to make the deck work fast. Usual is 8-12 energies and 30+ trainers.

Use thicker lines for your pokémon. That will make your deck consistent and if you loose some, you'll have another to replace it.

Get some staple trainers. The core of a Standard deck right now is: 3 or 4 Prof research, 3 or 4 Marnie, 3 or 4 Boss's orders (usually 4, 4, and 3 in no particular order, depending the deck needs or the player style) 2 Reset stamp, 4 Quick ball.

That is 17 fix trainers in 90%+ of competitive decks. The rest will depend on strategy.

About your choices, Hau is a bad Supporter, Potion becomes absolutely useless in the present as 1HKO are very common and 2HKO are all the rest. Poke ball is never played, no one likes to rely on flip coins. Use Quick and Level, also Evolution incense. Camping gear it's horrible, unless your strategy is a non attacking deck (full healing 330+ HP pokémon, Deck out opponent, etc). The rest are not competitive except two or three but could stay.

Summaring:

Less types

Thicker lines or same pokémon to be more consistent and follow a unique strategy.

Staple trainers

8 energies less, the least, turned into trainers.

I know physical it's expensive but the advice is the same for both IRL and Online.

Have fun!