Pokemon 25: How did Pokemon Effect Your Life?

GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, here is s a question that might be too personal for some, but how did Pokemon affect your life when you first developed an interest in it?  Was the impact that it had you would be something you consider major, or just something that came along on your journey through life?

As for me, Pokemon became more of an escape from the real world whenever I needed it.  Whether it was playing the video game, watching the anime, or something else, it was something to help me feel more like a kid for a while, and served as a nice break from being an adult.  Although the impact wasn't strong enough to become an obsession for every little thing with the Pokemon label on it.

• GrewupGeek changed the title to Pokemon 25: How did Pokemon Effect Your Life?
  • 1 month later...
Lion_VT

Pokemon games in the late 90's got me into learning how to read English.  My family never spoke English growing up despite living in the US.  They migrated here for jobs and I was born here.  Learning English was difficult in school but the games gave me motivation to pick up the language so I can enjoy it to the fullest.  Besides helping the family with translations as a child, I enjoyed my breaks with endless school nights playing Pokemon.  Fast forward and I am now a Linguist but went back to graduate school to pursue more education.  Pokemon has shaped my life in a positive way :)

Edited by Lion_VT
  • Upvote 1
Mod_RedDragon
17 hours ago, Lion_VT said:

Pokemon games in the late 90's got me into learning how to read English.  My family never spoke English growing up despite living in the US.  They migrated here for jobs and I was born here.  Learning English was difficult in school but the games gave me motivation to pick up the language so I can enjoy it to the fullest.  Besides helping the family with translations as a child, I enjoyed my breaks with endless school nights playing Pokemon.  Fast forward and I am now a Linguist but went back to graduate school to pursue more education.  Pokemon has shaped my life in a positive way :)

Hello @Lion_VT,

Thanks for sharing. This was awesome to read!

• 3 weeks later...
RaginTyphlosion
On 6/29/2021 at 1:22 PM, Lion_VT said:

Wow! That was great! Awesome to read

• Upvote 1