Aegislash V in Zacian decks

Lalamon

I see Aegislash V in Zacian V decks and I do not know why is there.

Does not seem to be very good. Is it to bypass Decidueye ability? Yet only 130 and Decidueye is 140HP so I don not know.

Do you? Thank you.

darkness018
18 minutes ago, Lalamon said:

I see Aegislash V in Zacian V decks and I do not know why is there.

Does not seem to be very good. Is it to bypass Decidueye ability? Yet only 130 and Decidueye is 140HP so I don not know.

Do you? Thank you.

As far as I know it’s only there to past the abilities of decidueye,altaria and zamazenta v 

• Upvote 1
PinkyPockyPanda

I don't use it in my ZV deck.

To counter Decidueye, I use Aerodactyl. 

Lalamon
18 hours ago, darkness018 said:

As far as I know it’s only there to past the abilities of decidueye,altaria and zamazenta v 

Thank you

Radruby317

I dont have a ZV deck, but I would use a powerful non-v or GX card like really any copperajah

Hylaster
20 hours ago, Lalamon said:

Yet only 130 and Decidueye is 140HP so I don not know.

Speaking to this specifically, you may find Zacian V also paired with the card Arceus & Dialga & Palkia GX. If it uses its Altered Creation GX attack, the damage dealt by their Pokémon's attacks increases by 30, allowing Aegislash V's Sonic Edge to OHKO. Failing that, they could also run a card like Vitality Band to boost their damage.

• Upvote 1
Raticate555

The other tag team Zacian is often run with is Lucario & Melmetal GX. Aegislash can completely wall Decidueye's attacks with resistance (-30), Metal Goggles (-30) and Full Metal Wall GX (-30) all in play at once. A lot of these decks choose to actually try and deck Decidueye out though rather than hit through it but I would suggest running Aegi or a fairly thick Galarian Perrserker line. The latter is good for straight Zacian decks as it doubles as a damage booster to OHKO Tag Teams.

Hope this helps!

BenXBlack93
Posted (edited)

But you have damage modifiers such as galarian perserker and/or ADP, Aegislash V is a good tech so you won't auto lose against those decks and it's easy to put them on the bench, just try turbo zacian deck list or you can play with galarian goons it's very easy to place damage counters this way even if they heal you can play again by using scoop up net and you're doing it in your turn meaning you have full control of that play.

Edited by BenXBlack93
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Lalamon
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2021 at 4:30 PM, Hylaster said:

Speaking to this specifically, you may find Zacian V also paired with the card Arceus & Dialga & Palkia GX. If it uses its Altered Creation GX attack, the damage dealt by their Pokémon's attacks increases by 30, allowing Aegislash V's Sonic Edge to OHKO. Failing that, they could also run a card like Vitality Band to boost their damage.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:54 PM, EpicShonenGuy said:

But you have damage modifiers such as galarian meowth and/or ADP, Aegislash V is a good tech so you won't auto lose against those decks and it's easy to put them on the bench, just try turbo zacian deck list or you can play with galarian goons it's very easy to place damage counters this way even if they heal you can play again by using scoop up net and you're doing it in your turn meaning you have full control of that play.

You are right. I always forget the extra damage.

Thank you for both clarifying replies.

Edited by Lalamon
  • 3 weeks later...
anilopm

Speed Test

Edited by anilopm
  • Downvote 1