Primal Clash 5 Card Packs

bpf99

So the other day I was scrolling through trades, and I saw one I could trade for a primal clash 5 card pack. Another trade by a different person offered insane cards for one of those (three alternate art urshifu V maxes, two FA marnies, and more crazy stuff), so naturally, I accepted the first trade so I could do the second. However, I realized that the one I traded for wasn't the right kind of 5 card pack? When I went to my collection after not being able to do that second trade, I learned that there are two different kinds of 5 card packs from primal clash.

I'm very confused and feel more than a little scammed (I traded a FA green's exploration away for that), so does anyone know what happened? Also, what are the difference between the two kinds, as I don't know what to do with my now-useless pack.

Chasista

It's an Exploit being used recently with some (it seems) not tradable packs.

There are two kind of 5 cards packs. Some, have the red mark of 5 card and the text in the art says 5 cards.

The other, have the red mark of 5 cards but the art shows 10 cards. They are not same pack. I don't know which is the non tradeable, so please, tell us ;)

So they offer insane gold for the non tradable version and in opposite side ask for some expensive card for the tradeable worthless one. Even giving a FA Green's exploration (*15 packs cost?), you can get 2 gold Quick ball (*125 packs each) and 3 Zacian FA (*10 packs x3) so "it worths". But isn't extremely suspicious (the least) that someone having all that gold doesn't know the difference of values and gifts some of the most desired and expensive cards of the game like that???

We enter again in: the market is free. If I want to give a Welder FA obtaining a common Gible in exchange, it's my choice. If I want to ask for a SR UB from PLF (*200 packs?) offering 20 common pokémon, it's also allowed. And while my trade is so bad that should die and I loose the tokens, in this case the promise of so good trade in the other side is making people to be scammed. But they choose to accept a "legit" trade.

However, the bad guys are using the confusion to Exploit the market so PLEASE, report the trades you find in public as Exploit and report your personal case to Support. Let's protect the whole community as a lot of people is being scammed by these. If we pressure enough, maybe they can ban some accounts. They should. Yet hard but hope is the last to die.

https://support.pokemon.com/

* All values I used are an example, didn't checked exact values for that.

• Upvote 1
OelBoy

For some reason for the Primal Clash release they put 5-card locked boosters in the in-game shop which were implemented as an additional item besides the usual South American 5-card redeemable packs even though there shouldn't have been any difference.

Does anybody know if those were available for Gems? I feel like if they were they're probably one of the rarest items in the game.

If you ask me, items which aren't available in a tradable variant should be exempt from trading offers. (If, however, 5-card tradable boosters in that variant exist, that wouldn't be an option)

Another idea would be to mark "Gem-exclusive" tradables with an extra icon to make people more cautious.

Or the "easy" way for boosters: never have the same booster artwork on different booster items.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Chasista

Wow I can't remember that.

If they were in game shop, they should have been available for gems. Everything was. But yet being now one of the rarest articles from the game, the value and contents doesn't worth the price. As far as I know, they don't have a reverse and no Rare guaranteed (like the 10 packs boosters). But I never knew for sure. Even having asked several times, no one ever told me.

I know in some countries, like Brazil, the main pack is (or was) the 5 cards version with codes for same in the online. While only in Canada had gems to buy, the 5 packs if in game shop, should have been exactly the same, and not 2 different versions.

The weird it's I can't remember either they were 2 versions of 5 cards packs before recent times.

2 hours ago, OelBoy said:

If you ask me, items which aren't available in a tradable variant should be exempt from trading offers. (If, however, 5-card tradable boosters in that variant exist, that wouldn't be an option)

Another idea would be to mark "Gem-exclusive" tradables with an extra icon to make people more cautious.

I agree. If not obtainable, the items shouldn't be able to be asked in a trade. Or a NOT OBTAINABLE mark 🚫 should be added over the art, in a corner or in a permanent mark like were the trade/review/want buttons.

• Upvote 1
Sussman1

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread.