Help.. my kid's deck is now too powerful for me...

AriesDante

I got him the Fire Frenzy (did I get that name right?) It is the B&W fire theme deck with the Embor (150HP stage 2). While I got 2 Reshiram for him (the tin box I got which has a promo and a card in the booster) he put the 2 cards in the deck and rotate some other cards out. I think he also rotate in so his deck has 4 pokemon communication, 4 power ball (draw 7 cards and get one pokemon) 4 power retrival and some supporter that helps him draw card. Long story short, if he doesn't get the Reshiram in start hand he will use any item/support to bring it out first turn. If he can't get it as the starting pokemon he would just let the active one die and put him up. Almost none of my stuff are strong enough to kill it. If I am lucky I will kill it at the end of my 3rd pokemon (which he repeats it twice game over). Since he has so many card search stuff by the time I killed his 1st Reshiram the 2nd one is already on the bench. If he used the powerful attack (2 fire energy goes into discard pile), he will use a energy retrival and get 2 fire back into his hand. The 1st attack can knock almost any of my pokemon out since if I get his Reshiram to > 80dmg his 1st attack will kill any of my pokemon since it will do 100 dmg in one hit.

If I go for the blue deck I might have a chance to beat it with 2 pokemons. But it is still an uphill a battle. Even with all blue which does the x2 dmg to his fire base creature he can OHKO my stuff due to the horrible 1st attack. A few times I had to wave my white flag in mid game because there is just no chance to win (espeically using anything green).

Any strategy or tricks I can do to tip the scale a bit to my favor? Sure I can order him not allowed to play with that deck but it would be mean ha ha. I try to let him play it but it is so one-sided like go golfing with Tiger Woods or play basketball with Michael Jordan LOL. Help guys.. any suggestion is welcome. I hope to stay in the B&W block as all our cards are in this edition. Seriously.. please help or my son will pwn me forever and ever... =(

What I would do is, since he has Reshiram, Go for call of legendaries booster packs or others where you have a high chance of getting legendaries. Next get the water theme deck. And finally, since Red Frenzy also has fighting types, you'll wanna get booster packs and hope there are psycic types, because fight is weak to psycic. Also, when you're building your deck, put a lot but not too much energy to match the types of the pokemon you put in, which should be quite a few, so you don't have as much chance of KOs. With the energy I mentioned earlier, attach a lot of energy to your pokemon, so you can do your most powerful attacks. Remember fire is weak to water, fight is weak to psycic. As long as you do this you should be good to go.

On the other hand, since your pokemon will only last a round or so, think about putting it to sleep, paralyzing it, burning it, poisoning it etc. Some of these may take time, but a simple jigglypuff or hoot hoot can put them to sleep as their basic attack. Then if it buys you any time you can load your benched pokemon with energies. Just know that the prize cards are a timer. You may have to sacrifice some pokemon before you are well set up for a counter attack.

Don't let the younglings win! (i am 20 and just got back in for nostialgic purposes.) haha

If you plan on staying with cards from the BW set, Foul Play Zoroark would work extremely well against Red Frenzy.

Zoroark can attack for only 2 energies or one Double Colorless. It will OHKO Emboar with no drawback (it has no fire energies to discard) and can OHKO Reshiram with PlusPower or Special Darkness Energy or kill it if it had received any previous damage also with no drawback (no fire energies again).

I think that in general speed gets the better of Emboar because it's slow to set up.

Heh heh heh... lolwut?

So you're not happy because your child outsmarted you? I find that quite awesome, actually.

Ha ha it is a happy and sad thing really. I am happy that he did his own research and learning to improve his deck and etc. He is also using strategy now instead of just all out attack with everything. That part of course I am glad. But deep down, who wanna be a loser? I use the default B & W trainer deck with my kids so it gives them an edge but if they beat me in every single game then I am not too happy lol. I am preparing a surprise for him muhahhahaha for I have the financal power he doesn't (errr... just don't let my wife know how much I spent)

• 5 months later...

What I would do is, since he has Reshiram, Go for call of legendaries booster packs or others where you have a high chance of getting legendaries. Next get the water theme deck. And finally, since Red Frenzy also has fighting types, you'll wanna get booster packs and hope there are psycic types, because fight is weak to psycic. Also, when you're building your deck, put a lot but not too much energy to match the types of the pokemon you put in, which should be quite a few, so you don't have as much chance of KOs. With the energy I mentioned earlier, attach a lot of energy to your pokemon, so you can do your most powerful attacks. Remember fire is weak to water, fight is weak to psycic. As long as you do this you should be good to go.

Archived