Expanded Alolan Muk GX and Salazzle GRI refinement

SMACK64

Hi so I have been trying to find a way to make this deck more consistent and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

The strategy is essentially spam evolve and devolve GRI Salandit/Salazzle with devolution spray to give the opponent two status conditions while Alolan Muk Gx is in the active spot and deals 70 damage per status condition. I have Toxicroak and Virbank to up the damage, and hypnotoxic laser as a backup. I try to use dark patch with energy switch, but I dunno how well that's working. When the deck works its great, but it can be wildly inconsistent.

I'm open to any and all suggestions! But I have a soft spot for Salazzle and Muk (the Pokemon in general, not the specific cards) so I'd like to keep them around :)

Here's the list:

##Pokémon - 20

* 4 Alolan Grimer BUS 83
* 4 Alolan Muk-GX BUS 84
* 2 Toxicroak SSH 124
* 2 Croagunk STS 58
* 4 Salandit GRI 15
* 4 Salazzle GRI 16

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Multi Switch GRI 129
* 2 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 3 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
* 4 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 1 Energy Switch SUM 117
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 3 Dark Patch DEX 93
* 4 Devolution Spray FCO 95
* 2 Skyla BKT 148

##Energy - 12

* 9 Darkness Energy SMEnergy 7
* 3 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Thanks!!

Edited by SMACK64
error

• SMACK64 changed the title to Expanded Alolan Muk GX and Salazzle GRI refinement

Hi and welcome.

Just cheeking the list by memory I'd go with some thoughts. I'd try 4-3 Muk and 3-3 Salazzle to make room to some more trainers. 28 is a bit low.

To be Expanded you're missing 1 Ace spec and the all-time staple 4 VS Seeker.

N is another staple that you can't miss. Now also Marnie is a staple and you can use one or the other or both depending the deck strategy and your playstyle.

As for trainers, Brigette was nice in the past but without 1st turn supporter a lot of things changed. She's useful yet of course but usually the Supporter turn is not spent in something an item could do and Balls can do that work. Level ball for everything but the Muk in your deck. Nest it's also a possibility or reinforce. Cherish for the Muk. If you need to discard you can use Quick ball and/or Ultra ball to create synergy with the Dark patches. Extreme choice would be Battle compressor, which creates synergy also with the VS Seeker (and Dowsing machine if it's you Ace spec) and allows you to thin the deck.

Energy switch is simply better than Multi switch as it's the same but Multi limits you from bench to active. Use all Energy switch.

Skyla is another example of Supporter doing what items can do. She is infallible being a supporter, but what used to be played was Trainers mail to accelerate the finding of other items. And then use a drawing Supporter for the turn.

If you are dependant on DCE a Special charge it's a must.

Koga's trap could be a reinforce too.

Useful items include Super Rod, Rescue stretcher and Field blower, amongst other.

Without importing the list to the game to check every card detail it's what I can say. Yet a bit to think about for now :)

Have fun!

The problem with Salazzle is you're only allowed 4 copies and there are many good choices for special condition decks!

I know toxicroak is good for increasing poison damage but having 3 evolution lines is probably hurting your consistency, For better consistency you might just go all in with only Muk and Salazzle or  keep toxicroak and accept a bit of inconsistency.

I think 4 copies of incense would help consistency.

Consider splitting your salazzle line with 2 GRI 15 and 2 BST 28

Ditto {*} LOT 154 could act as a 5th Salandit, Grimer or croagunk, possibly letting you trim 1 line a bit.

Salandit BST 27 - call sign could help with consistency
Salazzle BST 28 - 90 dmg per special condition for 1 DCE

other options for Salazzle:

Salazzle CIN 47 - nasty plot helps for card search, severe poison is 4 poison counter base

Salazzle UPR 26 - Panic Poison attack- Burn, Confuse and Poison but would require switching back and forth with Alolan Muk GX or other Salazzle for special condition damage...

Muk could take the bench while Salazzle BST 28 is up front as an option:

Muk TEU 63 - keeps special conditions on when opponent evolves/devolves
Alolan Muk SUM 58 - ability lock vs basics

Edited by Yeesterbunny
Expanding on Ditto's use

Also another card you could add Weepinbell from Battle Styles for it's Dangerous Mucus ability. Also try Muk and Muk Tag Team