Just got into this game! Here's what I'm currently using.

bunsketchuppc

I play extended TCG

I got Tag Team Guzzlord and Naganadel from a booster pack and i've used them so much. When the stars align with this tag team card, this card can pretty much be exodia from yu gi oh for a lot of decks i see that have cards of 190 HP or less. My main problem is that theres so much setup for it and you have to be lucky with card draws to win. Items like rocky helmet only help so much. 

When I start out with tag team guzzlord gx and I got the necessary energy cards to use it right off the bat at the start of a game, the opponent might as well just quit right there (i've had a a few quit on me on the first five turns because of guzzlord)

My second problem is that if guzzlord dies, i'm pretty much screwed because I dont have any other counters for things like the Malamar EXes I keep seeing. Even my guzzlord card with all the energy and setup needed to use it has trouble against them if im not going first. 

I mainly just need better cards so that i'm not screwed when guzzlord and naganadel GX die. No i'm not gonna ask for trades because I really don't wanna bother people plus my birthday is coming up in several days and I have put the zacian battle league deck and the xy trainers toolkit on my list.I also have an xy trainers kit: pikachu libre deck but I don't know where the code for that is.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 2 Sentret FLF 81
* 2 Spearow ROS 65
* 1 Swablu ROS 73
* 2 Fearow ROS 66
* 2 Furret FLF 82
* 1 Naganadel & Guzzlord-GX CEC 158
* 2 Ralts PLS 59
* 2 Woobat LTR 64
* 2 Kirlia LTR 124
* 2 Swoobat LTR 65
* 2 Gallade PLS 61

##Trainer Cards - 20

* 1 Bicycle PLS 117
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 1 Rescue Scarf DRX 115
* 1 Tower of Darkness BST 137
* 1 Bea VIV 147
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 1 Scorched Earth FCO 110
* 2 N FCO 105
* 2 Energy Switch BLW 94
* 2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
* 2 Rocky Helmet BCR 133

##Energy - 20

* 10 Psychic Energy Energy 5
* 10 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

welcome to PTCGO, it seems you have play other TCG before. In PTCG, common strategies usually focus on uses of Trainer card. I never try building Guzz & Naga deck before, so I have no direct comment. But for idea of building Pokemon deck, this two guides might be of some help

https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/77759-deck-building-guide-for-beginners-work-in-progress-april-11/

https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/77769-ptcg-guide-tactics-fundamental-of-game-strategy/

Welcome.

You mainly are missing the knowledge about deckbuilding. Expanded format tho is the right place where to start customs but you're missing the staples.

In short: 20/20/20 is awful for construction. Competitive decks look like 15/30/15 more or less.

You need 3 or 4 copies of the main attacker (usually a Stage 2, a V or a Gx). Then you need other pokémon to set it up and to make it better (more damage, energy boosting, more HP or whatever).

Trainers are most important part of a deck and usually more than half of the cards.

Staples for Expanded are:

1 Ace spec, no matter what.

4 VS Seeker. In some cases 3 may be enough.

Prof research/Prof Sycamore/Prof Juniper

N and Marnie

Boss's orders/Lysandre and/or Guzma

Balls, a ton of balls, usually: Level, Quick, Nest, Ultra. But there are more.

If evolutions, Evo incense/Evosoda/Rare candy

And some useful cards like Rescue stretcher, Super rod, Energy retrieval/recycler, Field blower.

2/4 Stadiums.

List of cards is endless and the rest will depend on the deck's strategy.

The less energies, the better. Trainers will have the duty of finding the right thing in the right moment.

Hope you have played the Trainer's challenge. That will reward you with around 48 free packs and 500 tokens for some Theme deck. You can get a ton of staple trainers from Theme decks so up to owning all the interesting ones, they always worth more than buying booster pack to open and get random cards.

For NagazLord, the PLF Exeggcute could work pretty good and Dragon energies should be used. If Special energies involved, Special charge is a card you should include.

Birch is bad. use Sycamore instead (as it's in collection starting the game) or Prof research if you got any SSH Theme deck (3 are included in some of them).

Rocky helmet is completely useless once you advance a bit more in the game.

Remove 6 energy (for example) and add a couple Prof letter.

Fearow line doesn't worth. 4 energies for 70 damage? No gain. You should play Double colorless energies (DCE) or Twin to make it work, and yet wouldn't worth the damage output.

IDK why Swablu is there, healing 20 is nothing.and it's an easy prize.

Use Evosoda for all the Stage 1 evos.

3/1/3 Gallade (Ralts/Kirlia/Gallade) line with Rare candies would be needed.

Add tons of balls.

Some dedicated cards like Mysterious treasure, Devoured field and Zinnia could come handy.

Hope you enjoy the journey of starting in Pokémon TCG :)

Chasista has offered good advice as usual. A few things I noticed that he didn't talk about:

Bea - This card is no use in this deck - there are no fighting types on your list.

Tower of Darkness - Again no use as it is the only single strike card in the deck.

Scorched Earth - No use as you have no fighting or fire energy in the deck.

• Upvote 1