Jump to content

[CARD] Zamazenta V vs Decidueye


Recommended Posts

Wheresmyrage

Decicdueye reads "Prevent all damage done by your opponent's pokemon V and Pokemon Gx."

 

It is very specific it's only V... But you block Vmax too?

 

Zamazenta V reads "Prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by attacks from your opponent's Pokemon Vmax."

 

So clearly V and Vmax are distinct in card language... Why are Vmax considered V but V aren't umbrella'd under Vmax. I genuinely believe Decidueye should not work the way it is with the text printed on it now. It's a noob trap... You read the card it doesn;t say Vmax the only way you learn is by attacking into it and finding out that it also blocks Vmax and says absolutely nothing about it on the card...

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, tag and item prefix included added
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
IceBeamTogetic

All Pokemon-VMAX are also Pokemon-V, but not the other way around. There is no bug here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
OelBoy

Compare this to Mega Pokemon EX. Every Mega Pokemon EX is an EX card, however, not every EX card is a Mega EX.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mod_GuruLot changed the title to [CARD] Zamazenta V vs Decidueye
Mod_GuruLot
11 hours ago, Wheresmyrage said:

Decicdueye reads "Prevent all damage done by your opponent's pokemon V and Pokemon Gx."

 

It is very specific it's only V... But you block Vmax too?

 

Zamazenta V reads "Prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by attacks from your opponent's Pokemon Vmax."

 

So clearly V and Vmax are distinct in card language... Why are Vmax considered V but V aren't umbrella'd under Vmax. I genuinely believe Decidueye should not work the way it is with the text printed on it now. It's a noob trap... You read the card it doesn;t say Vmax the only way you learn is by attacking into it and finding out that it also blocks Vmax and says absolutely nothing about it on the card...

 

Hello @Wheresmyrage

 

Welcome to the forums! 

 

Thank you for your question on this card. Hope the responses from the fellow trainer helped to bring more light into this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mod_GuruLot
7 hours ago, IceBeamTogetic said:

All Pokemon-VMAX are also Pokemon-V, but not the other way around. There is no bug here.

 

1 hour ago, OelBoy said:

Compare this to Mega Pokemon EX. Every Mega Pokemon EX is an EX card, however, not every EX card is a Mega EX.

 

Thank you, @IceBeamTogetic and @OelBoy, for helping out the fellow trainer with your insights! 👍👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...