Best Full Art Supporters to Trade for?

bpf99

Hi everyone.

Before I receive the inevitable lecture me on why it's better to just get cards you need and not focus on aesthetics (lol) hear me out.

Lately I've been facing a ton of people who have tons of full art supporters, and it really gets under my skin for some reason, especially when they play a bajillion full art or golden items (yes I know I said supporter but still).

Also especially the supporters look pretty cool and I do want some to feel good about my collection.😁

Preferably I would want advice and what good actually useable supporters for decks that I don't know about because then I won't totally think I wasted my packs, but I would say aesthetics is like 50% of it too (maybe like 70% for the girl ones XD)

I already have 2 FA skylas from shining fates but yea any other good ones would be cool.

FA's I have my eye on, not particularly in order, are these decent ones to trade for and what other good ones are there? I also don't care about rainbow rares whatsoever.

Professor Sycamore STS (wow it's expensive but I like the chespin tho)

Rosa CEC (cmon she's awesome but only one would really go in a deck as it's situational AND it's expensive)

Green's exploration UNB (is this better to use early game or late game? either way looks great)

Marnie SWS (it's marnie what else can I say)

Guzma BUS (either's fine)

Edited by bpf99

Hey BPF

We talked a bit about it and I think most of the people playing all that FA and SR either spend money in the game so they can afford tens of packs in supporters that regular copies already come in theme decks, (like Prof Research, Guzma and other); or veteran players that could get the majority of the cards at better prices than they are now. I remember to trade "tons" of FA Welder at 9/10 packs (unfortunately at the end I traded all away 😪), Green's exploration at 7/12, Prof research and Marnie at 4/6 packs as much and buy and sell and buy and sell again for a small profit every time, same as ADPs at 7/8 packs and best arts at 13/14, Zacian at 17 packs, etc. Can you imagine?

About investing, well, never was one of my points but yet some patterns can be followed: Staple Standard trainers from this era (aka not going away in next rotation). And surprisingly, FA over RR arts. Here they are some:

Marnie FA

Prof Research (Magnolia) Although I expect (and desire) Juniper to come in FA form and the madness overcome the market although Magnolia always will be the first of the P research cards released. Magnolia (as only FA right now) is a long time to be played staple supporter. About Sycamore LOL, pretty cheap (sadly as I have some that could trade haha, meet me in game ;) ). The old Juniper PLF 116 is way more loved than Sycamore if we talk about Expanded, and the only option in Legacy.

Boss's Orders (Giovanni) FA. This is also an Staple Standard card that will remain for long. I expect the same as above with Lysandre (which I prefer) but I think lots of people prefers Giovanni as it's TR boss, the main evil of the entire Pokémon, so happily if Lysandre arrives in FA form will cost less 😋 Boss's is same as FLF Lysandre. And Guzma it's the other guy in bench sniping. While Lysandre is only for Expanded and Boss's orders covers that need, Guzma even only for Expanded, is a different trainer so why not.

These 3 are the main.

About Green, Welder, Rosa etc, they are OK but once they rotate (unless reprinted) they will fall a bit (or a lot). IMO, the key is: SSH era.

Edited by Chasista

3 hours ago, Chasista said:

Hey BPF

We talked a bit about it and I think most of the people playing all that FA and SR either spend money in the game so they can afford tens of packs in supporters that regular copies already come in theme decks, (like Prof Research, Guzma and other); or veteran players that could get the majority of the cards at better prices than they are now. I remember to trade "tons" of FA Welder at 9/10 packs (unfortunately at the end I traded all away 😪), Green's exploration at 7/12, Prof research and Marnie at 4/6 packs as much and buy and sell and buy and sell again for a small profit every time, same as ADPs at 7/8 packs and best arts at 13/14, Zacian at 17 packs, etc. Can you imagine?

About investing, well, never was one of my points but yet some patterns can be followed: Staple Standard trainers from this era (aka not going away in next rotation). And surprisingly, FA over RR arts. Here they are some:

Marnie FA

Prof Research (Magnolia) Although I expect (and desire) Juniper to come in FA form and the madness overcome the market although Magnolia always will be the first of the P research cards released. Magnolia (as only FA right now) is a long time to be played staple supporter. About Sycamore LOL, pretty cheap (sadly as I have some that could trade haha, meet me in game ;) ). The old Juniper PLF 116 is way more loved than Sycamore if we talk about Expanded, and the only option in Legacy.

Boss's Orders (Giovanni) FA. This is also an Staple Standard card that will remain for long. I expect the same as above with Lysandre (which I prefer) but I think lots of people prefers Giovanni as it's TR boss, the main evil of the entire Pokémon, so happily if Lysandre arrives in FA form will cost less 😋 Boss's is same as FLF Lysandre. And Guzma it's the other guy in bench sniping. While Lysandre is only for Expanded and Boss's orders covers that need, Guzma even only for Expanded, is a different trainer so why not.

These 3 are the main.

About Green, Welder, Rosa etc, they are OK but once they rotate (unless reprinted) they will fall a bit (or a lot). IMO, the key is: SSH era.

Hi! Thanks for the advice. Massive big brain with the profit thing, I should try that, I have a rapid strike urshifu v max I could use (although the trade for it might be accepted already?)

Your point about standards rotating out make sense, so I'll definitely think about that more.

... I mean I just checked and sycamore's now like 1-3 BST. That's kinda weird because yesterday when I checked it was 35 packs. How are those prices decided then, because it seems so random? Is it just by people's offer in game?

• Like 1

You're welcome.

I'm interested in the trade. Hope we can meet in game later ;)

Yes, public prices are made like this. People offering, people selling. I can ask 35 packs for a 5 cards pack if I want. But I would spend my 8/24/48 tokens for nothing if there are several offers for 5 and 6 packs, to say something. Unless someone missclicks, it happens! Another option is there's just one offer at 5 and one at 6 and no more offers, if these leaves, the 35 is the only  remaining so who knows, maybe someone thinks is the price and accepts. Cards to get must be tracked several times before finding the best deal.

Usually people offers 1 or 2 packs below the sellers (and then resell the cards for a pack profit). It's easy to see in high demand cards: Offers 19 packs, Selling 21 packs. And there's the "battle". Some people may offer 19 packs + an energy,, other can sell by 20 to be the best offer.. non stop moving market.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Chasista said:

there's the "battle". Some people may offer 19 packs + an energy

By this do you mean when people try to trick you by offering one pack and like 10 commons so that the trade says something like:

Sword and Shield Battle Styles + 10 more

I've faced that a lot and it's really annoying, but thankfully haven't fallen for it.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:26 PM, Chasista said:

I remember to trade "tons" of FA Welder at 9/10 packs (unfortunately at the end I traded all away 😪), Green's exploration at 7/12, Prof research and Marnie at 4/6 packs as much and buy and sell and buy and sell again for a small profit every time, same as ADPs at 7/8 packs and best arts at 13/14, Zacian at 17 packs, etc. Can you imagine?

Really hard to imagine right now, but I believe you :D sad you traded them away, yeah. But since Welder was the last price on the ladder, it instantly became less expensive I bet. I traded for it like 20 times without success, but now I have one and I'm happy 😆

On 4/14/2021 at 8:26 PM, Chasista said:

I prefer Lysandre too, as it looks ******. But after playing like a thousand games since my return, I feel that Guzma is just the slightly better card. It gives you more versatility and supports many Decks or Pokémon which for example have the 'can't attack next turn'-minus (like Zacian or Reshiram-Charizard). But I still play both (each one) in many decks.

Marnie is a card I absolutely hate, so I would never play it. Instead I prefer the good old N by far. (I know that's just my opinion)

Juniper is crazily popular, that's right. I play Sycamore in some decks, because just from the art that card isn't any worse. But Juniper is more for Show Off, I know 😅

I would love more Tag Team Trainer FA to come, but we know that won't happen. So I am happy that I own all three now ~ weren't cheap to trade for!

On 4/15/2021 at 12:27 AM, bpf99 said:

I just checked and sycamore's now like 1-3 BST. That's kinda weird because yesterday when I checked it was 35 packs. How are those prices decided then, because it seems so random?

I bet 35 packs for Sycamore is a bad joke. There are many offers where nobody would ever consider accepting them, if not for a missclick 😛

Like wanting Zacian V FA and giving a mere Growlithe or whatever xD

• Like 1