Jump to content

[STANDARD] PikaRom deck (Feedback please)


sparrowpapa
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sooo I decided to make myself a Pikarom deck, I started making one a while ago but never finished it. I made a new deck after looking at a bunch of lists and i've kind of settled on this one. There are likely many mistakes in here, as I am just returning back to competetive pokemon, so i'm posting it here so I can get some feedback. Any changes you would make? (I'm going to make this IRL too so nothing TOO expensive would be good!) Thanks!

 

 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Crobat V DAA 104
* 2 Boltund V RCL 67
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 3 Pikachu & Zekrom-GX TEU 33
* 1 Raichu & Alolan Raichu-GX UNM 54
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 1 Vikavolt V DAA 60
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99

 

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Switch BCR 135
* 4 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 1 Electromagnetic Radar UNB 169
* 2 Energy Switch BLW 94
* 3 Big Charm SSH 158
* 2 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 2 Tag Call CEC 206
* 1 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 3 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 1 Viridian Forest TEU 156
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 1 Energy Recycler GRI 123

 

##Energy - 15

* 4 Speed Lightning Energy RCL 173
* 11 Lightning Energy Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Edited by sparrowpapa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • sparrowpapa changed the title to [STANDARD] PikaRom deck (Feedback please)

Welcome.

 

Well, you did the homework. The list is pretty neat. From here on, it's a matter of 1. Playstyle and 2. Budget, in no particular order.

 

Other than more Jirachi or Crobat V or Dedenne GX, etc. it's not a lot to be changed theoretically and only testing will give you the answers about the path to follow if any change is needed.

 

3 PikaKrom is not common anymore as 2 are enough. It's a 3 prizes Pokémon and usually you don't want to play even both as you could loose at 2KOs. Having 3 may be more consistent but the Meta with Boss's orders won't have mercy of a benched 3 prizes card.

 

Adding' 2 Mew3 is a very common partner in the archetype right now if you don't choose the Straight PikaKrom.. Eldegoss V is a common Tech for both.

 

Other than pokémon, I'd go with 2 stadiums at least. 2 Chaotic swell tends to be enough and it's the Meta election for PikaKrom. Tool scrapper may come handy although is not commonly played. Quick is perfect and Tag call completes the work. It's covered but Cherish ball could also somehow work in this deck. All Meta PikaKrom play at least 2 Reset stamp. Not a lot but some lists complement the 4 hammers with a T Yell grunt.

 

14 energies may be played (10+4 special) although the majority of meta lists play 10+3, with no Energy recycler nor searcher (Spinner/Viridian). If you keep them even 8+3 may work. although I don't know if would be fast enough.

 

Even though you are planning to build it IRL, I won't reject the opportunity to test it with more  expensive cards in the online as it's easier and a lot cheaper to do. But only you know the level of your game environment as to need a top tier deck or just a play a for fun good PikaKrom version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chasista said:

Welcome.

 

Well, you did the homework. The list is pretty neat. From here on, it's a matter of 1. Playstyle and 2. Budget, in no particular order.

 

Other than more Jirachi or Crobat V or Dedenne GX, etc. it's not a lot to be changed theoretically and only testing will give you the answers about the path to follow if any change is needed.

 

3 PikaKrom is not common anymore as 2 are enough. It's a 3 prizes Pokémon and usually you don't want to play even both as you could loose at 2KOs. Having 3 may be more consistent but the Meta with Boss's orders won't have mercy of a benched 3 prizes card.

 

Adding' 2 Mew3 is a very common partner in the archetype right now if you don't choose the Straight PikaKrom.. Eldegoss V is a common Tech for both.

 

Other than pokémon, I'd go with 2 stadiums at least. 2 Chaotic swell tends to be enough and it's the Meta election for PikaKrom. Tool scrapper may come handy although is not commonly played. Quick is perfect and Tag call completes the work. It's covered but Cherish ball could also somehow work in this deck. All Meta PikaKrom play at least 2 Reset stamp. Not a lot but some lists complement the 4 hammers with a T Yell grunt.

 

14 energies may be played (10+4 special) although the majority of meta lists play 10+3, with no Energy recycler nor searcher (Spinner/Viridian). If you keep them even 8+3 may work. although I don't know if would be fast enough.

 

Even though you are planning to build it IRL, I won't reject the opportunity to test it with more  expensive cards in the online as it's easier and a lot cheaper to do. But only you know the level of your game environment as to need a top tier deck or just a play a for fun good PikaKrom version.

Wow! Thanks alot, i'm definitely going to take this into consideration. I'll take out one of the PikaRoms, but I don't think I can add those Mew3's just of because of how expensive they are IRL right now. (I can definitely use them online). I think taking out the PikaRom and potentially replacing it with an Eldegoss/Crobat/Jirachi/Dedenne is a good idea, so I will 100% do that. I can also take out those energy searching cards, and replace it with some more distruptive ones (Yell grunt, reset stamp, etc.). I can also take out one of those electric energies to open up another slot for a trainer, (Potentially the stadiums). I will probably post an updated decklist in this thread, do you think you could give some more feedback on the new one? (When i post it) Thanks so much for the help!

Edited by sparrowpapa
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chasista said:

Welcome.

 

Well, you did the homework. The list is pretty neat. From here on, it's a matter of 1. Playstyle and 2. Budget, in no particular order.

 

Other than more Jirachi or Crobat V or Dedenne GX, etc. it's not a lot to be changed theoretically and only testing will give you the answers about the path to follow if any change is needed.

 

3 PikaKrom is not common anymore as 2 are enough. It's a 3 prizes Pokémon and usually you don't want to play even both as you could loose at 2KOs. Having 3 may be more consistent but the Meta with Boss's orders won't have mercy of a benched 3 prizes card.

 

Adding' 2 Mew3 is a very common partner in the archetype right now if you don't choose the Straight PikaKrom.. Eldegoss V is a common Tech for both.

 

Other than pokémon, I'd go with 2 stadiums at least. 2 Chaotic swell tends to be enough and it's the Meta election for PikaKrom. Tool scrapper may come handy although is not commonly played. Quick is perfect and Tag call completes the work. It's covered but Cherish ball could also somehow work in this deck. All Meta PikaKrom play at least 2 Reset stamp. Not a lot but some lists complement the 4 hammers with a T Yell grunt.

 

14 energies may be played (10+4 special) although the majority of meta lists play 10+3, with no Energy recycler nor searcher (Spinner/Viridian). If you keep them even 8+3 may work. although I don't know if would be fast enough.

 

Even though you are planning to build it IRL, I won't reject the opportunity to test it with more  expensive cards in the online as it's easier and a lot cheaper to do. But only you know the level of your game environment as to need a top tier deck or just a play a for fun good PikaKrom version.



 

Spoiler

 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Crobat V DAA 104
* 1 Eldegoss V RCL 176
* 2 Boltund V RCL 67
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 2 Pikachu & Zekrom-GX TEU 33
* 1 Raichu & Alolan Raichu-GX UNM 54
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 3 Jirachi TEU 99

 

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Big Charm SSH 158
* 1 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 3 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 1 Electromagnetic Radar UNB 169
* 2 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Switch BCR 135
* 1 Energy Switch BLW 94
* 2 Tag Call CEC 206
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 3 Reset Stamp UNM 206

 

##Energy - 13

* 10 Lightning Energy Energy 4
* 3 Speed Lightning Energy RCL 173

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

 



Here's the new list! I might not respond for a while, as i'm going out now. Again thank you so much for the feedback!

Edited by sparrowpapa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sparrowpapa said:



 

  Hide contents

 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Crobat V DAA 104
* 1 Eldegoss V RCL 176
* 2 Boltund V RCL 67
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 2 Pikachu & Zekrom-GX TEU 33
* 1 Raichu & Alolan Raichu-GX UNM 54
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 3 Jirachi TEU 99

 

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Big Charm SSH 158
* 1 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 3 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 1 Electromagnetic Radar UNB 169
* 2 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Switch BCR 135
* 1 Energy Switch BLW 94
* 2 Tag Call CEC 206
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 3 Reset Stamp UNM 206

 

##Energy - 13

* 10 Lightning Energy Energy 4
* 3 Speed Lightning Energy RCL 173

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

 

 

 Veredict: High contender deck.

 

Now it's entirely playstyle. More disruption or more flow, it's up to you.

 

Vikavolt V or Tapu Koko V are in some lists because Jirachi is not played too much anymore (Escape board rotated so Switch is essential and just one lost turn may lead to a defeat). That's why cards like Bird keeper, Mallow & Lana and some other, are being a bit more played in general. Not specifically in this archetype but if any may come handy for you, add it!

 

Also talking about no-Jirachi lists, 2 Reset should be enough (having mainly 4 Marnie but also 3) and the third Reset could be replaced for 1 T Yell G for example. As the card it's going to be used "late game", this means you've been KOed a 2 or 3 prizes 'mon (up to 4 if ADP), and next is probably just 1 prize left, so 2 Reset for a whole game. But again a third adds consistency even if you discarded some previously as other might be yet in the deck. If you like 3 and works, is perfect.

 

A third P research could replace the Energy recycler. Main staple Supporters list tends to be 4 and 3 of Marnie and P research (you choose what 4 and what 3) and 3 or 4 Boss orders. Either way, this are all playstyles, I've seen 4/4/4, 4/3/3, 3/4/3... they are all top. Tend also to play 2/3 of Energy switch.

 

I'm just throwing ideas so just play and tweak as desired. Otherwise would be my PikaKrom list, or a Top list from any player from a tournament.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, from what I've seen you need Electropower for power so I added that in there, Escape Board is for Jirachi. Giovanni and Scoop Up are just a touch for the draw powers. Thunder Mountain is for extra support since there aren't really any electric based  stadiums, well tell me what you think 🙃

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Crobat V DAA 104
* 1 Boltund V RCL 67
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 3 Pikachu & Zekrom-GX TEU 33
* 1 Raichu & Alolan Raichu-GX UNM 54
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 3 Jirachi TEU 99

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 3 Switch SSH 183
* 3 Escape Board UPR 122
* 3 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
* 3 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 4 Electropower LOT 172
* 1 Electromagnetic Radar UNB 169
* 2 Electrocharger TEU 139
* 3 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 1 Thunder Mountain {*} LOT 191
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 2 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 2 Great Ball SSH 164
* 1 Giovanni's Exile UNB 174
* 2 Quick Ball SSH 179

##Energy - 14

* 11 Lightning Energy SWSHEnergy 4
* 3 Speed Lightning Energy RCL 173

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BetaStagoon said:

Ok, from what I've seen you need Electropower for power so I added that in there, Escape Board is for Jirachi. Giovanni and Scoop Up are just a touch for the draw powers. Thunder Mountain is for extra support since there aren't really any electric based  stadiums, well tell me what you think 🙃

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Crobat V DAA 104
* 1 Boltund V RCL 67
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 3 Pikachu & Zekrom-GX TEU 33
* 1 Raichu & Alolan Raichu-GX UNM 54
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 3 Jirachi TEU 99

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 3 Switch SSH 183
* 3 Escape Board UPR 122
* 3 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
* 3 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 4 Electropower LOT 172
* 1 Electromagnetic Radar UNB 169
* 2 Electrocharger TEU 139
* 3 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 1 Thunder Mountain {*} LOT 191
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 2 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 2 Great Ball SSH 164
* 1 Giovanni's Exile UNB 174
* 2 Quick Ball SSH 179

##Energy - 14

* 11 Lightning Energy SWSHEnergy 4
* 3 Speed Lightning Energy RCL 173

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately, I did have Electropower/Thunder Mountain/Escape Board in the original list, but they are not in the standard rotation right now so I can't actually use them 😅!! Thanks for the help though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...