Several XY era packs have 2 versions of 5 Card packs, 1 has 10 cards

Joghobs

I learned the hard way there are two 5 card packs for base XY ( and a fee other sets)  but 1 has 10 cards listed at the bottom of the booster, and not 5, contradicting the box saying "5 cards" in the top left of the booster.

Is this error an actual thing? I just traded away like 15 Battle Styles for 5 card pack XY base to satisfy another trade out on the list that basically would have given me everything I've been missing, but he was actually looking for the "5 Card"/10 card bottom pack. That sucked and I feel duped. Anyway we can clear this up?

Edited by Joghobs
Context, tags
  • Like 1
Chasista

Don't know how far this is a bug but just found it messing around the market, this is being used to EXPLOIT the market and scam a lot of people.

It look ultraweird getting some gold Secret rare cards just in exchange of a 5 cards pack, from XY era! Highly suspicious!

I checked the opposite filtering 5 card packs from XY and from Phantom forces and these (and other) are NOT THE SAME 5 cards pack.

What they do is offer a ton of Secret rare cards asking for just one 5 cards pack.

People sees the crazy opportunity and decides to get some 5 card pack to easily get all that gold.

The same people offering the gold, have trades giving a 5 cards pack, asking for 15 BST packs, Urshifu V, Dedenne GX, Mew 3, SR Quick ball (this is +100 packs value). It's expensive but hey, you're going to get all that gold (more than a Dedenne value by far) so people trades and falls in the scam, giving 20 (or 100s) of value in cards to get a nasty 5 cards pack worthing NOTHING.

I also see some ways to get both 5-5 cards packs and 5-10 cards packs. Don't know if this could be used to get profit from the scammers but it's so big mess that I'm not even going to try. I don't trust the system right now.

Trades are free, I can ask for 5 SR ultra ball in exchange of a Common pokémon. Is my choice (and I should loose my tokens). But once they use a miscue/bug of the game to scam other users, this is called EXPLOIT. some bans should apply from this.

@Mod_Turtle @TPCi_Mathis @TPCi_Samhayne @Mod_GuruLot @Mod_Dew @Mod_RedDragon   This is serious, may ruin a lot of people accounts. Thank you for pass it along to proper channels to investigate. Needs a fast solution. Thank you.

Edited by Chasista
  • 2 months later...
ArgentLogo

I just fell for this, what should I do?

I'm thinking about posting the trade that I completed again, but I think it is kind of disrespectful for the person that may fall again.

Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Chasista
14 minutes ago, ArgentLogo said:

I just fell for this, what should I do?

I'm thinking about posting the trade that I completed again, but I think it is kind of disrespectful for the person that may fall again.

Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance.

https://support.pokemon.com/

You took the trade freely tho (see comments above) and I don't know if they can do/want to do anything. But at least they will know the name of the cheaters.

BTW, It honours you not wanting to scam others even if the system is broken, not monitored or just they don't care what happens.

ArgentLogo
12 hours ago, Chasista said:

https://support.pokemon.com/

You took the trade freely tho (see comments above) and I don't know if they can do/want to do anything. But at least they will know the name of the cheaters.

BTW, It honours you not wanting to scam others even if the system is broken, not monitored or just they don't care what happens.

Okay thank you, I just sent the ticket.

Also, you commented that there may be a way to get the 5/10 packs, is this just an idea or is it really doable? If it can be done, would you mind explaining it? If it is only a matter of time or can be done by anyone I wouldn't mind trying to get them to get back at the scam.

Thank you again for the response. 

Chasista
24 minutes ago, ArgentLogo said:

Okay thank you, I just sent the ticket.

Also, you commented that there may be a way to get the 5/10 packs, is this just an idea or is it really doable? If it can be done, would you mind explaining it? If it is only a matter of time or can be done by anyone I wouldn't mind trying to get them to get back at the scam.

Thank you again for the response. 

I saw the trades and I check them. Marked the asked packs for Review, then went to the opposite side to discover they were not the same (as the obtainable ones weren't marked for review when I checked'em). So went to collection to marked For review (as a mark of "these are the suspicious") all the packs that seemed to be involved in the scams to don't bite accidentally.

But then I saw other trades around with 5 cards packs not marked so I guess, even belonging to the doubtful pattern (I think it's the 5 cards red mark with the 10 written in the envelope, but I can't assure) some of them are obtainable somehow. I doubt tho you can find scam crazy offers with them.

To try to be clearer, and take the sets as example, let's say the red mark 5 with 10 in envelope are the doubtful. You can find scam offers of XY and PHF and these would be unobtainable. But then the real 5 with 5 in envelope XY and PHF are easy to get. There are also 5-10 of STS and FCO and 5-5 of STS and FCO and both might be obtainable. But in this case, I doubt you can find any of the crazy trades published as they know what ones can be gotten and what to use to scam.

So some of sets might have both versions obtainable while they use the non obtainable sets for the trick but I don't think you can get any profit with the both versions obtainable sets.

It was just so messy that I just left marked some of them for review and I don't even try to understand and know the reality of every single pack and version. Never had 5 cards packs at all and never traded for so just remains as it always have been for me stuck in the 10 regular booster trades. But if you can dig through the 5 cards trades, maybe you find some wrong scammer that gets auto-scammed if set a wrong trade. Who knows... But be sure first!

ArgentLogo
2 minutes ago, Chasista said:

I saw the trades and I check them. Marked the asked packs for Review, then went to the opposite side to discover they were not the same (as the obtainable ones weren't marked for review when I checked'em). So went to collection to marked For review (as a mark of "these are the suspicious") all the packs that seemed to be involved in the scams to don't bite accidentally.

But then I saw other trades around with 5 cards packs not marked so I guess, even belonging to the doubtful pattern (I think it's the 5 cards red mark with the 10 written in the envelope, but I can't assure) some of them are obtainable somehow. I doubt tho you can find scam crazy offers with them.

To try to be clearer, and take the sets as example, let's say the red mark 5 with 10 in envelope are the doubtful. You can find scam offers of XY and PHF and these would be unobtainable. But then the real 5 with 5 in envelope XY and PHF are easy to get. There are also 5-10 of STS and FCO and 5-5 of STS and FCO and both might be obtainable. But in this case, I doubt you can find any of the crazy trades published as they know what ones can be gotten and what to use to scam.

So some of sets might have both versions obtainable while they use the non obtainable sets for the trick but I don't think you can get any profit with the both versions obtainable sets.

It was just so messy that I just left marked some of them for review and I don't even try to understand and know the reality of every single pack and version. Never had 5 cards packs at all and never traded for so just remains as it always have been for me stuck in the 10 regular booster trades. But if you can dig through the 5 cards trades, maybe you find some wrong scammer that gets auto-scammed if set a wrong trade. Who knows... But be sure first!

I see.

I don't think I will mess up with this because I get confused easily with that packs. Thank you anyway for the information.

Lets just hope that TPCI can find a solution so this can't be done and try to end the chain.

Thank you again for the attention on this, I really appreciate it.

• Like 1