Eevee GX's "Ascension DNA" ability bugs

KoolM

Eevee GX (SM175)'s ability, Ascension DNA, seems to have a couple of bugs.

1. If abilities are disabled by any card effect such as a stadium or Pokemon, you are unable to evolve the Eevee GX card. From what I can tell, the ability is just supposed to heal the Pokemon once it is evolved, however without the ability, the card just can't evolve in general. I cannot place a Vaporeon card on it, for example, because abilities are disabled.

2. Using Leafeon GX (13/156)'s GX attack, Grand Bloom GX, cannot evolve Eevee GX cards. If there is an Eevee GX card on the bench, it will simply say that there are no valid Pokemon to select, even if there is an Eevee evolution in the deck to use. This GX attack works fine on normal, basic Eevees that aren't GX.

I have a deck built around Eevee cards, and I've been playing around this, but it is a frustrating bug *******************************************

Due to the rarity of getting ability locked in versus, I was only able to get a log of the second bug with Leafeon GX, since a friend could versus me just for me to set up and replicate the glitch. He didn't have any ability locking cards, so I wasn't able to do the same for bug one. Here's the log, though.

No bug, this is working as intended. Both can be explained by the simple fact that Eevee-GX and Eevee have different names. If you look at any evolution of Eevee, it says "Evolves from Eevee," not "Evolves from Eevee-GX."

1. The only reason you can play a Vaporeon (for example) to evolve Eevee GX is because of its ability. If the ability is disabled, then you can no longer evolve it, because Vaporeon evolves from Eevee, not Eevee-GX.

2. Grand Bloom GX says to "search your deck for a card that evolves from that Pokémon." There are currently no cards in the TCG that evolve from Eevee-GX, which is why it said there were no valid targets.