[MOBILE] Help! Seemingly being remotely hacked by sore losers

Tyrus21

Hey perhaps more than 5 times I have been playing someone on Versus mode and when I am doing well my home WiFi (or Mobile Data connection) disconnects causing me to be signed out and lose my win streak.  I don't recall this ever happening with any other App I have used before.

I suspect sore losers are disconnecting me remotely so as not to lose their win streak.  Can a Mod or someone look into this as I feel to quit playing the game, as I can't stand putting in effort to get a win streak of 5 or more, and then lose it by getting disconnected by a cheater.  I have put perhaps hundreds of codes into the game to boost my collection and it all feels like a waste if I can't get good progress.

Thank you

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, tag and item prefix included

I thought those disconnects were random? but I still have an idea to it.

Maybe you won't lose instantly when you disconnects like in the tourneys. You will only have about like a few minutes to log back in before you lose the game. I know this would only be a minor change but it would be really useful.

Edited by WaffleLycanroc

Hey thanks for replying. I have tried this but it doesn't work, and I log in pretty quickly and still it registers me as losing.

I am wondering and hoping that there is a way to hide your IP address or whatever it is that a hacker needs to disconnect your router or mobile data.  My brother told me about players disconnecting one another remotely when he was playing another game and I don't doubt that this is what has been happening to me.  

Yeah, I already know that you lose instantly while disconnecting.

I actually meant that my comment was an idea of how to improve the game a little.

you can reconnect to the game in tournament, but not in Versus.

As for dc issue, I would believe it was coincidence more than hacking.

Thanks for replying PinkyPockyPanda.

I am adamant (but God knows best) that they were hacks as my internet is stable but shuts off when playing this game and winning.

Both Router/Modem and my Mobile Phone data were disconnected when winning games perhaps 5 or more times.  My mobile data is even more of a better connection and yet still I was disconnected whilst in a match of Pokémon TCGO.

Edited by Tyrus21

I respect your opinion, but it could always just be a series of unfortunate events.

I have experienced this as well. My wifi can be working great then all of the sudden I see the no wifi sign while I'm in the middle of a game. This ONLY happens in matches for me and it appears as if that's what's happening to you as well.

I would HIGHLY suggest reseting your router and if that doesn't work try to switch devices. You could even make sure that your device is the only one using your wifi while you play.

I would very highly doubt what you think is happening is happening. You should only assume that if nothing else has worked to try and fix the issue and if that is the case, by all means, submit a support ticket here on the forums to the Mods and in time they'll look into it for you.

1 hour ago, Tyrus21 said:

I suspect sore losers are disconnecting me remotely so as not to lose their win streak.

This game is known to disconnect players at random, it's a common thing. I've noticed this topic has been posted somewhat regular of recent by many people.

If you've done all the standard trouble shooting steps then sorry to inform but it's just the game and it'll most likely continue - at best periodically.

• Upvote 1

• Mod_GuruLot changed the title to [MOBILE] Help! Seemingly being remotely hacked by sore losers
On 3/23/2021 at 12:00 PM, Tyrus21 said:

Hey perhaps more than 5 times I have been playing someone on Versus mode and when I am doing well my home WiFi (or Mobile Data connection) disconnects causing me to be signed out and lose my win streak.  I don't recall this ever happening with any other App I have used before.

I suspect sore losers are disconnecting me remotely so as not to lose their win streak.  Can a Mod or someone look into this as I feel to quit playing the game, as I can't stand putting in effort to get a win streak of 5 or more, and then lose it by getting disconnected by a cheater.  I have put perhaps hundreds of codes into the game to boost my collection and it all feels like a waste if I can't get good progress.

Thank you

Hello @Tyrus21

Thank you letting us know!

Could you please confirm the mobile device and its OS you're using? 

Please update this thread if the issue persists.