Pokemon 25: What was your first TCG pack?

GrewupGeek

Hey, not sure how many people would remember this, but when you started to collect Pokemon cards, what was your first pack?  If there was more of a variety of packs when you started out, can you name what they were?  Or did you just grab a bunch of cards that were within arms reach, and didn't bother to pay attention to the name of the packs?

As for me, I started collecting when the Gen I Base Set came out, and I never did find that extra rare Charizard card you hear a lot about.

On 3/18/2021 at **** PM, GrewupGeek said:

Hey, not sure how many people would remember this, but when you started to collect Pokemon cards, what was your first pack?  If there was more of a variety of packs when you started out, can you name what they were?  Or did you just grab a bunch of cards that were within arms reach, and didn't bother to pay attention to the name of the packs?

As for me, I started collecting when the Gen I Base Set came out, and I never did find that extra rare Charizard card you hear a lot about.

I don't know my first booster pack, but I know I started my TCG career when XY- Steam Siege was the newest set. So, just count it as that, if you want.

• 4 months later...

Hello @GrewupGeek,

I also started collecting back in Gen 1. I cant remember what cards I pulled, but I remember seeing someone pull a Charizard and being super jealous. 

• 1 month later...

My first pack was Sun & Moon: Lost Thunder

Though before that, when I was being introduced in the game, I got the Hydro Fury theme deck from Sun and Moon: Celestial Storm.

• 3 weeks later...

The first card I ever got was a 1st edition base set graveler

My first pack was Black and White emerging powers

The oldest pack I've ever opened though was a jungle pack

• 2 weeks later...

my first pack was the orginal machamp player starter set, i was about 6 cant beleive they are worth 400 a pack now.... used to carry a little suitacase with all my pokemon and yu gi oh cards, but it got stolen at summer camp :( my first pack since i started collecting again was chilling reign and i got a ice rider vmax card :D

Edited by PokeRDallan