"Best" Booster Packs to buy with coins

MetalDMv1010

Yes I'm completely aware most people who take this game more seriously would keep the coins for trades, but I just want to use some to buy and open packs because I miss that feeling.

That being said, which packs are the "best" to buy? Very broad question, but maybe there's interesting information I'm not aware of, like which packs to avoid. My main hope is I get something rare to trade for packs and keep trading up from there.

29 minutes ago, MetalDMv1010 said:

My main hope is I get something rare to trade for packs and keep trading up from there.

Packs bought with in-game coins aren't tradable neither are the contents. The packs you get from tournaments and the contents within are tradable though.

• Upvote 2

Really it depends on what you are trying to get from the packs.  I am currently only spending coins on the black and white base set.  The reason I am opening so many of those packs is because one of my favorite decks featuring graploct V would benefit from plus power.  Plus power was last ran in the black and white base set expansion.  I want 4 copies so I am going crazy on those packs. 

I have tried to trade for the plus power to no avail.  If you are interested in playing the current META I would recommend opening unbroken bonds and sword and shield expansions.  The darkness ablaze has crobat V which is a highly sought after card so if you end up with duplicates you can always trade for more packs or other cards.

The unbroken bonds expansion set has some great Team GX cards that stand up well against the current V's.

Edited by PBJLOrtega
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MetalDMv1010 said:

Yes I'm completely aware most people who take this game more seriously would keep the coins for trades

How do you keep coins for trades?

2 hours ago, SlyCooperFan1 said:

How do you keep coins for trades?

I believe @MetalDMv1010meant that the "more serious" player would keep their coins to make trades instead of spending their coins on booster packs.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, GrimBeard said:

Packs bought with in-game coins aren't tradable neither are the contents. The packs you get from tournaments and the contents within are tradable though.

Oh wow, had no idea. Thanks for that, guess I'll just open packs with more cards in the meta so I can maybe end up building a deck.

1 minute ago, MetalDMv1010 said:

Oh wow, had no idea. Thanks for that, guess I'll just open packs with more cards in the meta so I can maybe end up building a deck.

Card from coin pack is not tradable. But when you start getting tradable Card, you can open coin pack for that card, then selling extra tradable one.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an objective list.

1. Battle Styles: Not only the newest set but it also has the first and only Rapid/Single strike cards so far, including some of the best cards right now like Rapid Strike Urshifu Vmax, level ball, and Victini Vmax.

2. Darkness Ablaze. Has some of the best attackers right now in Eternatus Vmax and Centiskorch Vmax, but also has Crobat V which is a GREAT card, as well as Piers which gets you a Darkness energy and any Darkness Pokemon you want.

3. Sword and Shield. This is on the same level of importance as Darkness Ablaze but a lot of what's in it has been reprinted multiple times so it's slightly less important. 

4. Unbroken Bonds. One word: Welder. Another couple of words: Dedenne GX.

5. Cosmic Eclipse. This set has ADP which is borderline overpowered. It also has Rosa, a fantastic card, as well as Cynthia and Caitlin Tag Team and Mallow and Lana Tag Team.

6. Team Up. Not as great of a set anymore but it still has very viable cards like PikaRom, GengaKyu and Jirachi.

7. Forbidden Light. Some might argue about the importance of Forbidden Light packs BUT if you can't get them anybother way, I absolutely recommend Forbidden Light because of borderline awesome cards like Mysterious Treasure and Malamar.

I hope this helps. I also need to mention that there is a heriarchy of importance within this list, meaning the higher it is the more useful the packs can be to anyone looking for good cards for any kind of deck. The lower it is doesn't equal increasing awfulness, rather that it's not as important as the higher packs.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at **** AM, Rsmithzesty said:

Here is an objective list.

1. Battle Styles: Not only the newest set but it also has the first and only Rapid/Single strike cards so far, including some of the best cards right now like Rapid Strike Urshifu Vmax, level ball, and Victini Vmax.

2. Darkness Ablaze. Has some of the best attackers right now in Eternatus Vmax and Centiskorch Vmax, but also has Crobat V which is a GREAT card, as well as Piers which gets you a Darkness energy and any Darkness Pokemon you want.

3. Sword and Shield. This is on the same level of importance as Darkness Ablaze but a lot of what's in it has been reprinted multiple times so it's slightly less important. 

4. Unbroken Bonds. One word: Welder. Another couple of words: Dedenne GX.

5. Cosmic Eclipse. This set has ADP which is borderline overpowered. It also has Rosa, a fantastic card, as well as Cynthia and Caitlin Tag Team and Mallow and Lana Tag Team.

6. Team Up. Not as great of a set anymore but it still has very viable cards like PikaRom, GengaKyu and Jirachi.

7. Forbidden Light. Some might argue about the importance of Forbidden Light packs BUT if you can't get them anybother way, I absolutely recommend Forbidden Light because of borderline awesome cards like Mysterious Treasure and Malamar.

I hope this helps. I also need to mention that there is a heriarchy of importance within this list, meaning the higher it is the more useful the packs can be to anyone looking for good cards for any kind of deck. The lower it is doesn't equal increasing awfulness, rather that it's not as important as the higher packs.

Good. Thank you!

• 4 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 11:01 AM, Rsmithzesty said:

7. Forbidden Light. Some might argue about the importance of Forbidden Light packs BUT if you can't get them any other way, I absolutely recommend Forbidden Light because of borderline awesome cards like Mysterious Treasure and Malamar.

Thanks for the list. Just buy Laser Focus deck which includes 2 copies of Malamar and 2 copies of Mysterious Treasure. It has 2 U-Turn boards as well!