I think the trading system and game graphics should be updated

pokeimam541495

Would they consider removing the need for tokens for trading?It seems a little ridiculous to me that I have to win to trade. For example, there's a time limit on the forum before you write a new message. This is how it can be done..For private trading, it is very difficult for me to mark each card individually.It also needs to be removed from the 12-hour and 24-hour options. I don't know about the other trading system games, but I don't think it's there. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to get some graphics updates to the game.

If you say the game doesn't make money, there are thousands of free to play games, and they don't make money.

Edited by pokeimam541495

Concerning tokens for trading, in short I would say "No" and that's mainly because of one thing; requiring tokens stops bot-trading from ever happening to an extreme extent. By requiring tokens, it forces accounts to actually PLAY the game in order to ever trade for anything. That means if someone were to use illegal third party software to bot the game (at least I think it is against TOS as far as I know), then the person running the bot account would actually have to play the account to earn some tokens for trades first. This makes it much harder to spam a massive number of accounts that could be nefariously used to artificially inflate or undercut card prices, saturate the market, or cheat other real players out of having their trades be noticed. Honestly, I am very glad the token requirement is there.

In short, the fact that tokens are required, and the fact that you only get the tokens back if your trade is successful, is a powerful tool against bad actors who would cheat the system and ruin the trading ecosystem for other real players.

However, I would like to add another suggestion: it would be great if players could mass "mark" or "unmark" all the tradable cards in their binder. I have been playing PTCGO for a long time, and there are broken buttons on some of the cards I have traded away (i.e. they are still marked even though I don't possess the card anymore), which means I can't unmark those cards. It also is a pain to go in and manually mark all the cards you have available for trade, and it would be so convenient if I just had a "mark all" or "unmark all" button to fix all that and speed things up. I don't see any major repercussions for adding such a simple feature, so hopefully that kind of thing could be implemented if it's possible.

Edited by Kanacho

Actually I don't think that amount of token fee can stop those bots, since they already bot the ladder. But it is required to prevent the nonsense Scam trade like selling a basic energy for a booster.

• Upvote 1

Actually I don't think that amount of token fee can stop those bots, since they already bot the ladder. But it is required to prevent the nonsense Scam trade like selling a basic energy for a booster.

I don't really see bots botting the ladder very much like you said. Maybe it is the hidden elo system (and my elo is just too high to see most bots), or maybe it's just that bots don't really play the ladder. Whatever the case may be, if a bot is grinding the ladder than it is simultaneously NOT using the trading system (you cannot perform multiple actions in PTCGO like that because the game design prohibits it). At the minimum, the ladder and coin system slows bots down significantly (which is very important to prevent bots spamming trades), and, at the greatest, it stops bots entirely.

It also requires a much more sophisticated bot to actually grind any reasonable amount of coins on the ladder, because automatically scooping or forfeiting hardly grants anything to a player's account (you actually have to win games to get a decent number of coins). Either that, or the bad actor runs the bot for days on end hoping you get a few hundred coins to trade with. In other words, a trading bot is easy for cheaters to make, a ladder bot that actually nets a decent number of coins is much more difficult.

Overall, I think the coin system in trading is too important a firewall in slowing down or eliminating bots from completely destroying the trading ecosystem in PTCGO