Lucky Cat OHKO Deck - [Expanded]

pikayou

I'm sure we all know that most of the Amazing Rare cards are pretty situational, with almost all of them having awesome attacks that are made practically unusable by weird energy costs. Sure there are plenty of Pokemon and Trainers that can accelerate energy and help out in the process of setting them up, but after your attacker gets knocked out you have to accelerate all that energy again - just to attack once.

That's where Boundaries Crossed's Liepard comes in. For [************* Assist attack reads: "Flip a coin. If heads, choose one of your Benched Pokemon's attacks and use it as this attack."

Obviously being tied to a coinflip isn't exactly optimal, but there are certain cards like Will and Glimwood Tangle that can sway the odds in your favour, allowing you to use Yveltal Amazing Rare's Amazing Destruction attack which would usually cost 5 energies of various types to instantly KO your opponent's active.

Accelerating Darkness energies isn't very hard either with Darkrai GX and Dark Patch getting them from the discard and Weavile GX moving them around the board.

I came up with a deck around the idea, it does pretty decent in battles all things considered:

Spoiler

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Crobat V DAA 182
* 1 Darkrai-EX LTR 88
* 2 Darkrai-GX BUS 88
* 1 Mega Sableye & Tyranitar-GX UNM 126
* 3 Purrloin DAA 106
* 2 Sneasel STS 60
* 2 Yveltal SHF 46
* 3 Liepard BCR 91
* 2 Weavile-GX UNM 132
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 195

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 3 Will CEC 208
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Glimwood Tangle DAA 162
* 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 Dark Patch DEX 93
* 3 Professor Juniper BLW 101
* 2 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 10

* 10 Darkness Energy SWSHEnergy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

What do you guys think? I was thinking about maybe adding Kyogre Amazing Rare for annoying 1 prize decks like Mad Party, but they're kinda expensive so I don't have one yet haha. Liepard's attack isn't limited to Dark Pokemon so really any card with a weird attack cost or ability would work in a deck like this, if you want to suggest a card that I didn't notice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice.

I'll have to check the cards for details but at first sight, I'd ad 1 N and 1 Marnie. Probably in 2 Cynthia spots. Also 4 VS Seeker. I know is tight but they allow you to reduce some numbers so who knows if having the Battle compressor 2 Juniper are enough or something like that.

As for the pokémon Ditto 💠 could act as a basic for both Liepard and Weavile so maybe you could cut one of the basic (or even one of each).

Victini NVi, LTR and GUR (if I rememberer properly) Victory star's ability allows you to flip again the coin for attacks too.

Although the stadium is Gleamwood tangle, a Black market 💠 could come handy maybe. I know sometimes there's no space enough but the most standard would be 3 stadiums, or 2 and a Field blower. A super rod it's a card I always recommend too, maybe you could some energy having it.

A Karen in the right moment wins any Night march or Mad party deck. If 4 VS Seeker... you know 🧐 A just in case Tech. Poké Ranger kills the ADP and Lucario & Melmetal GX attacks.

As side idea, Zoroark Break copies an opponent's attack for just 1 dark energy. However, it's a kind of Stage 2 without Rare candy that needs a certain thick evo line and some space dedicate to evolve. Also, UNB Porygon Z attaches special energy to your pokémon from your hand as you desire, the Special multitype energies could make work some Amazing graze attackers, for another deck idea, probably 😉