With The Coming Aegislash From Sword And Shield: Battle Styles , We Have An Overload of Them In Standard - Meaning An Overload Of Combos!

ethantheman428

As two Aegislash make their debut in Sword and Shield: Battle Styles , that will bump up the total standard-legal Aegislash count to 5, and that's excluding the V and VMAX in Sword and Shield: Vivid Voltage. Both Aegislash in the upcoming set have the Stance Change ability - allowing you to switch an Aegislash from your hand (excluding V or VMAX) with an Aegislash of yours in play. The damage counters, energy, etc. stay, though. However, this makes way for countless Aegislash combos, and here's my best Aegislash Mini Box!!!

Pokemon - 16

* 2 Bronzong BAS 102
* 2 Aegislash BAS 107
* 1 Aegislash BAS 108
* 4 Honedge RCL 133
* 1 Doublade RCL 134
* 1 Aegislash RCL 135
* 1 Zacian V SSH 195
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 2 Bronzor TEU 100

Trainer - 33
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 3 Scoop Up Net RCL 165.
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 4 Metal Saucer SSH 170
* 2 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Rare Candy SSH 180
* 4 Switch SSH 183
* 3 Jasmine TEU 145
* 3 Pokemon Communication TEU 152
* 2 Viridian Forest TEU 156

Energy  - 11
* 11 Metal Energy SWSHEnergy 8

Bold indicates a card that will rotate as part of the '22 rotation.
Tell me: what would your 4 copies of Aegislash be in this deck?

You pose an interesting concept, yet I feel it will be too limited by the number of copies you are permitted per card with the same name. For consistency's sake, you'd likely have to run a 2-2 split of the Aegislash BAS, but even then, you're very susceptible to prizing 1-2 of each. As a result, I see high counts of Pokemon recycling as an absolute must, probably something like 2-3 Ordinary Rod should be sufficient. Also, for setting up Stage 2s, Rosa is very very good.