Suggestion: Bring Back Legacy Tournaments

Kanacho

Here is a quick suggestion. I really enjoy playing Legacy format as I find HGSS era cards some of the most fun to play. I wish access to HGSS era cards was better, and I think one of the best ways to do this is to bring back Legacy Tournaments (even just for a short while from time to time), where players can pay 8 tickets to win up to 3-4 random HGSS era packs (if they win first place).

I don't want players with HGSS era cards to lose a bunch of value on their unlocked HGSS cards, so limiting the max reward from these tournaments to 3-4 packs would help fix that. I still would like more players to have access to the HGSS era sets, because the Legacy format is kind of a ghost town at times. I think this would also be a fun little thing to do for Pokemon's 25th Anniversary and a cool way to celebrate the old Era of Pokemon Trading Cards on the front page or something. What do you all think?

Thank you and have a good day!

----- Edit -----

I realized I said "pay 8 packs to win up to 3-4 random HGSS era packs" that is not what I meant. I meant pay 8 tickets to win 3-4 HGSS era packs (I have now fixed this mistake).

Edited by Kanacho
  • Upvote 2

I love this post, and we need this. Pack limit sounds kinda tight, I think if you win you should win as big as anywhere else, but whatever. I'd be happy to just play again.

• Upvote 1

Hello Kanacho,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding Legacy Tournaments! I have passed your comments along for further review. 

On 3/13/2021 at 6:08 PM, Kanacho said:

Here is a quick suggestion. I really enjoy playing Legacy format as I find HGSS era cards some of the most fun to play. I wish access to HGSS era cards was better, and I think one of the best ways to do this is to bring back Legacy Tournaments (even just for a short while from time to time), where players can pay 8 tickets to win up to 3-4 random HGSS era packs (if they win first place).

I don't want players with HGSS era cards to lose a bunch of value on their unlocked HGSS cards, so limiting the max reward from these tournaments to 3-4 packs would help fix that. I still would like more players to have access to the HGSS era sets, because the Legacy format is kind of a ghost town at times. I think this would also be a fun little thing to do for Pokemon's 25th Anniversary and a cool way to celebrate the old Era of Pokemon Trading Cards on the front page or something. What do you all think?

Thank you and have a good day!

----- Edit -----

I realized I said "pay 8 packs to win up to 3-4 random HGSS era packs" that is not what I meant. I meant pay 8 tickets to win 3-4 HGSS era packs (I have now fixed this mistake).

3-4 packs?

Currently, Theme follows that distribution, only that it costs 4 tickets, not 8. And I wonder if the price for those before they were pulled is too steep? I mean, 8 tickets for a format that goes as soon as the first online set, HGSS, and as far as legendary treasures? These days, since the card expansions allowed in legacy are not as expensive as Sw/Sh, 4 tickets is just right. But if you want to add 3 packs from expanded format expansions(which BW is also a part of) on top, maybe make the pool more clear, esp. w/ standard rotation coming, which could be used to make an expanded rotation of all the bw sets to redefine expanded as XY-on, while keeping the legacy format as it is now legal-expansion-wise. That way, everyone has a clear idea of what circuits allow the cards they want to play, while not touching and affecting their values that much, as well as making the 8 ticket hit more worthy than 8 tickets for less packs than everywhere else on the events board...

Edited by Jammer87