Suggestion: Add a very hard to obtain key to unlock tradelocked cards

Rsmithzesty

I know some of us don't like the idea of trade-locked cards. It doesn't make sense. IRL, if you own a card, there is literally nothing stopping you from trading it with someone. I don't wanna hear the bad argument 'oh but it keeps the market from flooding'. With what? Do you think that every card would be worth tens and tens of packs out of nowhere? No..People still value their cards. BUT, what is absolutely undeniable is that not having any way at all to unlock cards is crazy. You think I want my Full Art Quick ball? Do you think I care about it as opposed to 3 more quick balls? I have 3 dedenne GX, all trade-locked. 2 are regular, one's a rainbow rare. Why should I be stopped from just trading them rainbow rare?? Like...if I had either of those SUPER valuble cards irl, I could trade them for exactly whay they're worth. It's absurd there's no way to do the same for an online game. And I'm a good case, there's peopld out there with multiple cards worth far more than those which are all trade-locked. It's literally just a fact. So I severely suggest you add something like this. A gold star daily challenge, that has a 7%-9% chance of showing up on a day after you complete all 3 available daily challenges. If you get it, you can enter a special match against a very advanced AI, who uses full art item cards in their decks. If you can beat them, you get a golden key. A golden key can be used to unlock any locked card along with a cost of 500 tokens.

This would greatly benefit anyone who's in a similar situation to me, or anyone that just doesn't want a rare card, and it'll also add a MUCH needed sense of mystery and a goal to the game. 

• Downvote 6

18 hours ago, Rsmithzesty said:

It doesn't make sense.

Yes, it does.  If they make everything tradable, people will start farming multiple accounts or all the easy-to-obtain cards in game go away so there is no incentive to farm multiple accounts.

IRL, if you own a card, there is literally nothing stopping you from trading it with someone.

The PTCGO is not the physical TCG.  You don't actually own your cards; if they decided to shutdown the PTCGO tomorrow, "your cards" are gone, same as mine would be.

I don't wanna hear the bad argument 'oh but it keeps the market from flooding'. With what? Do you think that every card would be worth tens and tens of packs out of nowhere? No..People still value their cards.

Well, now you know the real reason.  At least part of it.  The PTCGO is one part reward program for people who buy (and open) new product, one part extended tutorial for the physical TCG, and one part to ensure they maintain their intellectual property rights in this area.

Look, I'm not going to waste anymore time going through the rest line by line.  The short version is the idea of them introducing a way to "unlock" non-tradable cards is not a bad one,but quick assuming you're owed a tradable version of a card because you pulled the non-tradable version.  They're two different things.

Maybe try rewriting it without the sense of self-entitlement and condescending tone, and be realistic that it probably wouldn't be anywhere near as easy or inexpensive as you're making it out to be.  This isn't entirely a new suggestion; in fact, it is very common to suggest allowing us to convert trade-locked cards into Tokens or the like.  No, it isn't the same thing, but it is similar.

• Upvote 2

Trade-locked is an anti-multiple accounts farming. It is needed to balance the Free-to-play and Pay-to-play system.

While you think trade-locked cards are your cards, you may forgot that all trade-locked cards are free items. And not all free items are trade-locked, so they already given us a chance to get tradable cards for free and it is not so difficult to earn. Probably more easy than your suggested method.

I understand you try to avoid the market issue yourself by the "very hard to obtain" system. But that just make it more complicate to the game management, considering things like they giving rare cards on ladder too.

As for me, having copys of trade-locked cards is not an issue as long as their number is less than 4. More than that is start to annoy me. Instead of making few of rare card tradable, I would to have a system to recycle or simply thrash those unneeded cards.

• Upvote 2

Y'all are legit stupid. I'm not supposed to want a very old game that rarely gets actual improvements not to improve or become more consumer-friendly? Shut your ***** up.

• Downvote 6

1 hour ago, Rsmithzesty said:

Y'all are legit stupid. I'm not supposed to want a very old game that rarely gets actual improvements not to improve or become more consumer-friendly? Shut your ***** up.

don't be mad. I know you don't happy when other not agree with your idea. we are all want improvement but its common that people have different point of view. No one can force you to accept their reasons. But when you not trying to argue with reason it make people think you are just some random ranting guy render your opinion to be nonsense.

• Upvote 1

How many of the trade locked cards did you purchase with real money? None. That is why they are locked. Pokémon gave them to you to play at no charge. Free to play games with free to use cards do not pay the developers of the game. Sales of booster packs that include online codes do. You can be mad and feel it is unjust if you wish. Feeling entitled to play free AND have all the best cards for free just makes you look silly.That seems to be a current trend.

On 3/7/2021 at 8:53 AM, Rsmithzesty said:

Y'all are legit stupid. 

Whoa, you blew up instantly. 

I'm not supposed to want a very old game that rarely gets actual improvements not to improve

Who said you're not supposed to?

or become more consumer-friendly?

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not consumer friendly.

Shut your ***** up.

Oh yeah because people tend to do what you screech, don't they?

Bud I suggest you take a time out, edit your posts to reflect your thoughts in a constructive manner and take some feedback.

I mean all your doing is making yourself look bad or as someone has already seemingly accurately described;

On 3/7/2021 at 4:06 AM, Otakutron said:

self-entitlement and condescending

I know I took that last quote out of context, (I hope you don't mind @Otakutron) so apologies in advance but I felt it fit the moment.

What you've typed ain't it little dude. All the best and hope you manage to chill.

Edited by GrimBeard
Editing censored word combination.