Black Market prism star hasn't been working and I've lost multiple games because of it.

Rsmithzesty

For example;

Last game: I had Grimmsnarl VMAX in the active spot. It had 5 energy on it. Black Market Prism star was in play.

Yet when my opponent's Gyarados from Rebel Clash hit my Grimmsnarl...it took all 3 of their prize cards. Why? Who knows? There are literally only two requirements for Black Market to work and I met both of the. I wrongly lost. What the ****? I literally had 1 prize card left and was gonna take it my next turn. This is completely unfair and was totally out of my control.

In case anyone doesn't believe me: I just looked at my opponent's deck list inside the match over screen...There was no way for him to discard my Black Market. None. Gyarados can, but that's AFTER the attack. In fact, my Black Market was in play as they took 3 prizes. Why? Who knows. The game only lets Pokemon didcard stadiums after your attack, if you can.

Hi Rsmithzesty, first of all I would like to welcome you to the PTCGO forums, as an experienced player, I can already tell the problem from your statement, however to help others understand, I would recommend you obtaining a game log for the game for your next post. As you have stated, Gyarados discards the stadium as an attack effect. However, according to the battle step order, attack effects are performed before the knockout step. Hence, the stadium would be discarded before Grimmsnarl VMax is knocked out. Hence, while Grimmsnarl VMax is knocked out, the effect of Black Market Prism Star is not in play, although you have a dark pokemon with dark energy knocked out, black market is not in play and hence the opponent obtains 3 prize cards off this knock out. Below, please find a similar ruling showing how deciding how many prize cards are taken is the last step checked, attack effects are performed directly after damage is applied and hence will be before knockout effects. Hope this helped, let me know if you need more clarification.

Black Market {*}   (Team Up) 

Q. If Black Market {*} is in play, and an Active Darkness Pokemon with up to 3 Darkness energy and a Wishful Baton is Knocked Out by damage from an attack, can the player move all of the Darkness Energy from that Pokemon to another Pokemon and still get Black Market {*}'s effect?
A. Sorry, but no. Taking prizes is the last step when a Pokemon is knocked out; so after all the Darkness Energy is moved, the opponent would not take one fewer Prize card. (Mar 28, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Not a bug.

10 hours ago, Rsmithzesty said:

In case anyone doesn't believe me: I just looked at my opponent's deck list inside the match over screen...There was no way for him to discard my Black Market. None. Gyarados can, but that's AFTER the attack. In fact, my Black Market was in play as they took 3 prizes. Why? Who knows. The game only lets Pokemon didcard stadiums after your attack, if you can.

This understanding is flawed. In the Pokemon TCG, you check for knockouts only after resolving all effects of the attack. In this case, Gyarados's attack discards the stadium as part of its attack, but the game doesn't check for knockouts until after that's complete. So, you would not get the benefit from Black Market, since it was discarded before the check occurs.