New Player needs help

Maniakk

Hello everybody

I am new to the scene, and I wanted to have Decks to play with my friends.

I bought the Battle Academy decks, which was fun to learn the basis of the game, but i wanted 3 decks that played differently so that i could play with my friends when they come over.

I like the fact that Battle Academy Decks don't counter each other and have neutral match ups.

I wanted to know what 3 decks around similar level but close strength you would recommend.

I saw Theme Decks, but some have GX, others have V or V Max, or Squad GX, and I don't want one of the decks to be better.

I also saw Zacian V deck, and Charizard Reshiram + Pikachu Zekrom, but Charizard would counter Zacian, so is there a replacement for one of those decks?

Thanks for taking your time to read and reply :)

Theme Decks are generally what I'd consider to be fair, the traditional Theme Decks don't include GX's, V's, EX's, etc. as far as I'm aware. The Zacian V deck, as well as the Reshiram and Charizard GX Deck and the Pikachu and Zekrom GX Deck are in a very different playing level than the Theme Decks and Battle Academy decks, I do not suggest playing these if you're trying to have a very casual set of games with your friends. You may be interested in looking into the V Battle Decks, the latest "Theme-decks" that now have the addition of 1 V Pokemon, similar to how the Battle Academy Decks have GX Pokemon. All in all, I'd recommend going with the usual Theme Decks (Laser Focus, Soaring Storm, and Relentless Flame being some strong ones) or the V Battle Decks.

• Upvote 3

OK. So because V decks seem new, i will go for Venusaur and Blastoise V.

I was also told that the Trainer's Toolkit was interesting.

So i'll wait for another V Theme deck, that isnt fire or electric to not have advantage on either decks.

The release seem to be every 3 months or so, so might have to wait, will be buying packs here and there.

Thanks for all the info