Help for a mom

MomofJames0630

Hi. My son has about 100 cards and wants to learn to play. I purchased a starter box. Will that give me all of the information and tools that I need to learn to play with him? I tried watching some ******* videos but frankly this is a bit overwhelming. My son is six and so he will need my help to do this. 
thanks in advance

mom of James. 

• Like 2

About 5 years ago Pokémon company released a video on ******* that’s is a tutorial to teach people how to play the card game u can use that video to learn I would post the link but u not allowed to post links 

• Like 1

if you allow him to play on computer or mobile

I let my kid, also six, play in trainer Challange mode, so she can learn basic game step and rule.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MomofJames0630 said:

Hi. My son has about 100 cards and wants to learn to play. I purchased a starter box. Will that give me all of the information and tools that I need to learn to play with him? I tried watching some ******* videos but frankly this is a bit overwhelming. My son is six and so he will need my help to do this. 
thanks in advance

mom of James. 

Hi Mom of James and James too if you guys are together reading this 😃

First great name, made me giggle. 

Second, the starter box you bought should come with instructions on how to play. The Pokemon Trading Card Game Online (PTCGO) plays in the same manner. When you first start the online game on your computer, the game will hold your hand so to speak and teach you about the ins and outs. 

Like yourself and @PinkyPockyPandaI also have a six year old son. I also - strongly - suggest as @PinkyPockyPandadid that once you have started the online game that you allow your kid to play the Trainer Challenge mode. It's very age appropriate for difficulty and he will learn everything he needs to know and have fun. He'll even have the chance to unlock in game decks etc.

Later on, there is more advanced stuff he can learn like building a deck etc but that, he'll pick up by himself or with your help as you both play, learn and have fun.

For additional help - if needed - what is the starter box that you bought called?

• Like 1