cannot exchange my cards

mattbjj93

Hi everybody, i am a new member of this community and this game... i saw that i can't exchange my cards because in my cards list they are all not exchangeables.... i would like to know if there is a way to make them exchangeables or the reason why i cannot do this.... thanks for the support

Hello, @mattbjj93, welcome to the community. Glad you could join. 

When you start your account, you start with everything tradelocked. There is no method to change them into tradeable items. 

Hope this helps. 

• Upvote 1

thanks a lot.... i have only a few unlocked cards... what is the difference?? i think i found them in the same packet of locked cards... thanks for the answer

1 hour ago, mattbjj93 said:

thanks a lot.... i have only a few unlocked cards... what is the difference?? i think i found them in the same packet of locked cards... thanks for the answer

The PTCGO gives out a lot of cards for just signing in, playing games, etc.  Unfortunately, this means, were all cards tradable, it would be really easy to farm multiple accounts just for stuff like the Daily Log In Bonus.

The cards and packs that you receive which are unlocked are those you got:

• Using a Redemption Code Card that came with purchased physical product.
  • From in-game tournaments
  • Once your Player Level is high enough, from completing the 16 KO Daily Challenge

You can also get tradable cards, packs, etc. through trading itself, but that's a chicken-and-egg scenario, where you need to have something you can trade before you use it to get other things you can trade through trading. XP

Some general PTCGO advice for collecting/trading:

• When you are able to make a trade, you'll notice whatever you put up for trade will suddenly appear as "locked" in your inventory for the duration of the posting.  If no one accepts a trade and the trade offer expires, these cards are unlocked again.
  • When you go to open packs, Reward Chests, etc. the PTCGO will open the tradelocked ones first excluding those locked because you're currently offering them in a trade.
  • Learn what cards you can (more or less) easily earn as tradelocked cards.  For example, you probably shouldn't waste time trading for copies of Professor's Research and Quick Ball because you can easily get a full playset (plus a bunch of other cards) by just buying two Theme Decks.
  • Speaking of Theme Decks, I recommend you begin your time with the Pokémon TCG by playing the Trainer Challenge against the CPU, then "graduating" to the Theme Format.
  • Poke around for decks discussing what the current best Theme Decks are.
  • Not every preconstructed deck is legal for the Theme Format; the "Starter Decks" that accompany each set usually are, while every other preconstructed deck usually isn't.
  • The Theme Format is a good place to polish your skills while earning in-game rewards, including the Tickets needed to play in online PTCGO tournaments.
  • PTCGO Tournaments are 8-player, single elimination games.  1st through 4th place get packs; 5th through 8th still get a Chest.
  • Don't open tradable packs!  You cannot spend money directly to "buy" cards in the PTCGO, and having the exact card (or cards) someone wants for the exact card (or cards) you want is a pain.  So unopened booster packs have become the true "currency" of the PTCGO.
  • If you insist on opening them, just understand the actual contents may be worth far less than the value of the unopened pack...
  • ...and even if they're technically worth more, that assumes you can find people who want the cards for the going rate, with little effort.  "Time is money" still applies to the PTCGO!
  • If you look around, you may find price guides for the PTCGO.  They'll almost always list card prices in germs of a "generic pack", then list trade ratios for each pack.  Just as cards that are in high demand are worth more packs, packs that are in high demand have a more favorable trade ratio.  Some really common packs are rarely accepted for high demand cards, but they're still useful for other stuff.

This was all off the top of my head, so feel free to ask questions as I may have missed quite a bit, phrased it poorly, etc.

• Upvote 1

First of all thanks for you time lol.... The only things i have not really understand are: when I reach the 16 KO daily challenge,

1 if I can use in a trade a pack that i get in the shop

2 if the game will automatically unlock all my cards or unlock only those that i will find after I reach the level.

Thanks a lot

Edited by mattbjj93

7 hours ago, mattbjj93 said:

First of all thanks for you time lol.... The only things i have not really understand are: when I reach the 16 KO daily challenge,

2 if the game will automatically unlock all my cards or unlock only those that i will find after I reach the level.

Thanks a lot

every times you clear the challange you will get reward. The reward from 16 Ko challange is one tradable pack,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, mattbjj93 said:

Thanks a lot

When your player level is high enough, you get the 16 KO Daily Challenge, and it rewards you with one tradable pack.

I get how I was misunderstood, but let me explain why you will never transform all trade-locked packs and cards into tradable ones.  Just for signing in, you get a few Tokens on three of the days, an Event Ticket, and a trade-locked pack.  If reaching a specific Player Level made everything tradable, once you reached that Level, you could "farm" accounts.  Even a bot can handle sign-in duties, but if you don't know how to make one (I don't XP), it is just a few minutes per account to do it manually.  If it could be traded, someone could farm five accounts for a free booster pack per day!

Some players are really good at this game, and finish the Reward Ladder - which lasts three weeks - in mere days.  If al the tradelocked stuff could be "unlocked" and made tradable, they could farm multiple accounts for big rewards.  It would be too complicated to do bots, but they could have their (multiple) accounts trade with each other, maybe each one focuses on a specific major deck.  Grind through the ladder to earn several packs, plus a Full Art.

It helps also to remember what the PTCGO is.  While it is not a "pay to win" game, that's because its main purpose is

• Secure claims to intellectual property rights
  • Act as "customer rewards" for people who buy and open new product
  • Act as an extended tutorial/demo of the Pokémon TCG

The way things work now, it is relatively easy to be a Free-To-Player of this game.  Start with the Trainer Challenge to learn the fundamentals.  Polish them in the Theme Format, while also earning the packs you need to trade for cards for your first "real" deck.  Learn to trade competently, and unless you're a very bad player, even moderate tournament winnings should help you maintain one competitive deck.  The exception being when they make an important card stupidly rare.  *glares are Tropical Beach

• Upvote 1