Jump to content

Pokémon TCG should of had a mobile release 3 years ago


Hambino0431
 Share

Recommended Posts

The fact that this has yet to be given a mobile release is not only pathetic and I think I may have figured out the reason and that in itself is even more pathetic 

 

Pokemon are afraid of the mobile scene due to the flops there mobile games have had. 
 

the only promising Pokémon game is Pokémon Go and it’s not even made by Pokémon developers.

 

There is no valid reason to why this has not be given a mobile release other stubborn developers not wanting to put in the time and give it the love it needs.

 

we have come up on the 25th anniversary of Pokémon and everything Pokémon related is doing something special. 
 

it’s long past time to modernize this game. This game could easily rack in millions of dollars a day if they made a mobile release and specially if it came next to the Pokémon 25th anniversary and Along side kids Around the Inited states getting Pokémon cards from there kids meal and having them search up how to play with there Pokémon cards. They would find Pokémon TCG. 
 

the fact that there is literally millions of dollars practically going down the drain by the laziness of the devs to push for a mobile release is astonishing to say the least. 
 

maybe for the 30th anniversary lol. 
 

please forgive any typos or grammatical errors I’m typing from my phone at 2am due to drinking coffee at 10pm to do a college essay 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hambino0431 said:

Along side kids Around the Inited states getting Pokémon cards from there kids meal and having them search up how to play with there Pokémon cards.

 

Are you referring to the cards that come with Happy Meals?

 

If so, I think that's a disingenuous link you're attempting to make. Sure people (adults and kids) would get a card but that's still short for deck and that doesn't directly translate into a revenue stream. I get it could entice people into checking the card game out but given the choice, would you bank on that working or simply making products that can be bought for existing consumers and entry level products for beginners (themed decks and Battle Academy for etc). Any new players to the card game via Happy Meals is a bonus and not the main focus of that promotion imo.

 

5 hours ago, Hambino0431 said:

The fact that this has yet to be given a mobile release is not only pathetic and I think I may have figured out the reason and that in itself is even more pathetic. Pokemon are afraid of the mobile scene due to the flops there mobile games have had.

....

the fact that there is literally millions of dollars practically going down the drain by the laziness of the devs to push for a mobile release is astonishing to say the least. 

...

This game could easily rack in millions of dollars a day if they made a mobile release

 

It could/could be, maybe you're correct.

 

I personally think it has more to do with their business standards policies and the return on the investment to set it up rather than being afraid of making a flop. After all the Pokemon The Card Game Online (PTCGO) is already out and available to all as a free to play game.

 

With zero micro-transactions, there would be no return on any investment made (directly).

 

5 hours ago, Hambino0431 said:

There is no valid reason to why this has not be given a mobile release other stubborn developers not wanting to put in the time and give it the love it needs.

 

I believe I have provided valid reasons above.

 

5 hours ago, Hambino0431 said:

we have come up on the 25th anniversary of Pokémon and everything Pokémon related is doing something special.

 

PTCGO is considered a by-product, an extra if you will of the Pokemon The Card Game (PTCG), as a result it doesn't need to do anything special. What comes to PTCG also comes to PTCGO.

 

5 hours ago, Hambino0431 said:

it’s long past time to modernize this game.

 

100% agreed. I honestly believe most players would also (presuming your talking about PTCGO).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was really hyped on coffee last night and was just typing all my thoughts out on paper, 

 

but another thing that has to be noted the Pokémon go community would flock to Pokémon TCGO mobile in a heart beat because for the most part there all collection crazed players and love collecting Pokémon in general but I believe the biggest issue is they would have to remake the game on new engine to be more compatible with mobile devices.

 

Which would turn millions in profit. The 2 major card games are mobilized and they even hold tournaments.

 

my point in talking about the McDonald’s Pokémon cards was that it introduced a whole new generation to the Pokémon trading card game and in turn they will go out and seek platforms to play on. 
 

I’m just a hopeful dude who works 12 hours a day that would like to play against my son while I’m on my lunch break from my phone lol, I enjoy this game a lot more than Yugioh.

 

but maybe one day we can win this and get a real mobile release.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hambino0431 said:

but maybe one day we can win this and get a real mobile release.  

 

It might. I don't expect it will though, not in it's current shape at least. As you stated yourself:

 

8 hours ago, Hambino0431 said:

I believe the biggest issue is they would have to remake the game on new engine to be more compatible with mobile devices.

 

Yip.

 

8 hours ago, Hambino0431 said:

...I believe the biggest issue is they would have to remake the game on new engine to be more compatible with mobile devices. Which would turn millions in profit.

 

They have a very strict policy on micro-transactions so with that ruled out as a revenue source, all they have is the sales of physical card packs which contain online codes (theme decks, boosters etc). They even refuse to sell online codes as a standalone product despite other companies doing that outside of the Pokemon Company and Nintendo etc i.e. outside of their control.

 

I don't see how in the games current state and with their business practices as they currently are, how they could makes this happen. 

 

If they chose to sell online codes and/or micro-transactions then yeah, they'd make huge profits - but that isn't the case. What you're saying would be true and accurate but only if you changed the company itself.

Edited by GrimBeard
Adding a word or two.
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, PinkyPockyPanda said:

I am a bit confused here, What do you mean by "no mobile release" ?

 

because I am playing PTCGO only on my phone.

 

The threads below and the links within explains the situation and how you're able to (particularly the links within).

 

https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/52807-pokemon-tcg-online-for-ios-and-android-phone/ 

 

https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/40360-regarding-android-phones/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GrimBeard said:

 

The threads below and the links within explains the situation and how you're able to (particularly the links within).

 

https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/52807-pokemon-tcg-online-for-ios-and-android-phone/ 

 

https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/40360-regarding-android-phones/

 

oh, I see. I use tablet as a phone. never try install it on my another phone.

 

just realise that its not on play store after search it with my another phone.

 

thx for the info.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PinkyPockyPanda said:

 

oh, I see. I use tablet as a phone. never try install it on my another phone.

 

just realise that its not on play store after search it with my another phone.

 

thx for the info.

 

No prob at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they will. I think the big problem has been up until the last few year noone cared about actually playing pokemon tcg. I've been playing since 2014 and I never even thought of ptcg as a esport. Meanwhile I was competing in hearthstone and other esports competitions. I think pokemon made the right choice aka wait. Now that ptcg and esports are blowing up they'll drop a mobile and upgraded version. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2021 at 4:43 AM, slaventizic said:

I think they will. I think the big problem has been up until the last few year noone cared about actually playing pokemon tcg. I've been playing since 2014 and I never even thought of ptcg as a esport. Meanwhile I was competing in hearthstone and other esports competitions. I think pokemon made the right choice aka wait. Now that ptcg and esports are blowing up they'll drop a mobile and upgraded version. 

I disagree if sadly. If they wanted a mobile release it would of happened by now. They just don't care enough to make it happen. Yugioh Duel links released in 2016 and made over 10 billion dollars from Japan and global release in that year alone. It has never been a question about being able to do it or profit from it. 

 

It is just something they will never want to do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the reasons they dont have mobile version are

 

1. Screen size, I play on tablet and even with my glasses, some text are still too small. So the android version they already had might not be appropriate for the mobile screen size. And need lot more work on modification.

 

2. They not really intend to make profit on PTCGO, so it may not important to invest to fix the first issue.

 

These just my guess on their pov, not mean that I  agree with them,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...