Extreme shortage on Pokémon trading card's?

younge7

The retail stores near me have had their shelves cleaned out. And online sellers whom I assume are scalpers, are listing astronomical asking prices. Is this purely due to celebrities hyping up the franchise or has Covid caused production issues? Curious if anyone else is having troubles purchasing TCG products.

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2021 at 11:04 PM, younge7 said:

The retail stores near me have had their shelves cleaned out. And online sellers whom I assume are scalpers, are listing astronomical asking prices. Is this purely due to celebrities hyping up the franchise or has Covid caused production issues? Curious if anyone else is having troubles purchasing TCG products.

It’s basically a mix of both, the COVID-19 pandemic has basically caused ALL aspects of Pokemon TCG production to run at limited capacity while online influencers have basically made the TCG MUCH more visible to scalpers and resellers.

And while it’s worth noting that Play! Pokémon and TPCi has said that they plan on increasing the amounts of product available in the future, it’s also worth noting that they said the SAME THING back in October when Champion’s Path and that led to virtually nothing being done to fix the issue.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2021 at 12:04 AM, younge7 said:

UHHHH... YES... It's because some people are too BLEEEPING selfish. There are photos all over the internet of those people that just hord product in their basements or that buy it in mass quantity to turn a profit on it. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/18/2021 at 2:04 AM, younge7 said:

Yeah, a lot of scalpers buy out stores, open packs and take out the good cards, reseal the packs, then double or even triple the price. That is why  I always look at the reviews.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...