[GENERAL] Game capped at 30FPS in Android

Zeyckler

Why the game is capped at 30FPS in Android? I have a high-end tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7, being capable to show a game up to 120FPS because of the 120Hz screen. The tablet has a high-end CPU/GPU the Snapdragon 865+. I checked the FPS with the Samsung Game utility, but only to double-check because I opened the game and it feels very slow. I don't know why the game doesn't have an option like "battery saving" capping it at 30FPS and no capped option.

I hope to be this annoying bug fixed ASAP because the gameplay feels very slow at 30FPS.

My tablet is updated with the latest Android versión available (Android 11), fully charged, with (and without) a fresh boot, and with (and without) a fresh installation of the game.

Thanks, best regards.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, tag/item prefix included
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
andrechris_17

idk why not even a person comment this, but this issue still not fixed with latest update

• 1 month later...
Zeyckler

Another update (2.79) and this annoying bug is still there. Are you going to fix this? All the Android devices are affected and the gameplay is very awful.

BukWyrm

I think, maybe, just maybe, it might be better to post it in the technical issues side of the online support forum? Also, considering how most other trainers have not been reporting this problem these few weeks, perhaps you could look into the settings try fiddling with them? Anyways, hope you get some solid response from the mod team as soon as possible. GLHF

• Upvote 1
  • Mod_GuruLot changed the title to [GENERAL] Game capped at 30FPS in Android
Mod_GuruLot
On 2/17/2021 at 9:39 AM, Zeyckler said:

Why the game is capped at 30FPS in Android? I have a high-end tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7, being capable to show a game up to 120FPS because of the 120Hz screen. The tablet has a high-end CPU/GPU the Snapdragon 865+. I checked the FPS with the Samsung Game utility, but only to double-check because I opened the game and it feels very slow. I don't know why the game doesn't have an option like "battery saving" capping it at 30FPS and no capped option.

I hope to be this annoying bug fixed ASAP because the gameplay feels very slow at 30FPS.

My tablet is updated with the latest Android versión available (Android 11), fully charged, with (and without) a fresh boot, and with (and without) a fresh installation of the game.

Thanks, best regards.

Hello @Zeyckler

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

I've gone ahead and escalated this possible problem to the development team for further review. 

Mod_GuruLot
11 hours ago, BukWyrm said:

I think, maybe, just maybe, it might be better to post it in the technical issues side of the online support forum? Also, considering how most other trainers have not been reporting this problem these few weeks, perhaps you could look into the settings try fiddling with them? Anyways, hope you get some solid response from the mod team as soon as possible. GLHF

Hello @BukWyrm

Thank you for the suggestion! 🤝

You're correct! This topic has been moved to the technical support board for better visibility.

Mod_GuruLot
On 3/21/2021 at 1:41 PM, andrechris_17 said:

idk why not even a person comment this, but this issue still not fixed with latest update

13 hours ago, Zeyckler said:

Another update (2.79) and this annoying bug is still there. Are you going to fix this? All the Android devices are affected and the gameplay is very awful.

Hello @andrechris_17 and @Zeyckler

It is being reviewed. Thank you for the heads up! 🤝🤝

• 2 months later...
Diemaken

The issue is still present as of mid july 2021 ...

I've never had any fps issues before that february update.

Any news from the technical team ?

Thanks.

Edited by Diemaken
Vvardim

Same problem here with my high end tablet since an update at the beginning of the year.

My game used to run at a smooth 60fps, now it's sometimes even lower than 30fps, never above. And it appeared all of a sudden, right after the download of the update.

I don't know if people here found a solution for this, it's been more than 4 months since the game is awful to play, please do something.

Thanks a lot.