Lacks battling options

nobledemon18728

Besides pvp,there's nothing to do in ptcgo,there should be other battling options to make the game more playable for those that dont play pvp all the time,like a non pvp version of vs ladder with weaker prizes or maybe the raids with those vmaxes with many attacks

Edited by nobledemon18728
  • Upvote 1

Maybe one day a new mode will be added, but until then, I must ask,

Why do you even have the game then? How it is, is really what it's meant to be.

(On a side note, I'm pretty sure that the game HearthStone has some other modes besides their PvP if that interests you).

Edited by WingsofFire1014

2 hours ago, nobledemon18728 said:

Besides pvp,there's nothing to do in ptcgo,there should be other battling options to make the game more playable for those that dont play pvp all the time,like a non pvp version of vs ladder with weaker prizes or maybe the raids with those vmaxes with many attacks

I understand - I think - your overall sentiment and agree that more options for players would/could be good.

Just in case you don't know, the trainer challenges are solo play, they're something else other than pvp that players can choose to do. They do have a weaker reward system in place also. It's certainly not ideal, I hate them personally but you never know, it might be right up your street.

8 hours ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

Maybe one day a new mode will be added, but until then, I must ask,

Why do you even have the game then? How it is, is really what it's meant to be.

(On a side note, I'm pretty sure that the game HearthStone has some other modes besides their PvP if that interests you).

I have the game cuz I like to collect cards and the game,but I prefer playing against bots and cpu(I played a lot of tag force in my childhood,I'm more used to it) than actual ppl

You won't learn anything playing against the bots, their AI is primitive and pretty much useless, they don't apply any strategy at all.

If rewards were given for playing them, people wouldn't play PVP - the rewards are there as an incentive for PVP.

Little tip: find out the good players, play them and don't be afraid to lose. Watch what they do, anything they can do - you can do too.

Stick to starter decks too, because everyone who plays those is on equal grounds. The best starter decks in no particular order are Rillaboom, Charizard, Relentless Flame, Storm Caller, Soaring Storm, Towering Heights, Unseen Depths.
However Imperial Command, Leaf Charge, Laser focus, Zazamenta, Blazing Volcano, Galarian Sirfetch'd, Galarian Darmanitan, Battle Mind aren't too bad, but in my opinion less consistent or have bigger drawbacks compared to other decks.

~What's the difference between a novice and a master? The master has lost more times than the novice.
~ FAIL stands for First Action In Learning.

Edited by Velvetlotus
missed information opportunity
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Velvetlotus said:

You won't learn anything playing against the bots, their AI is primitive and pretty much useless, they don't apply any strategy at all.

Apart from learning how the basic game works, I agree however perhaps @nobledemon18728has no interest in playing in the manner that you allude to due to a lack of fun for eg.

I won't lie, I'm curious as to what their motivation is other than 'collecting cards' hence:

3 hours ago, nobledemon18728 said:

I prefer playing against bots and cpu than actual ppl

2 hours ago, GrimBeard said:

Why is that?

On 2/17/2021 at 2:07 AM, nobledemon18728 said:

Hello @nobledemon18728

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. I've passed this along for further consideration. 

On 2/17/2021 at 5:34 AM, Velvetlotus said:

If rewards were given for playing them, people wouldn't play PVP - the rewards are there as an incentive for PVP.

Little tip: find out the good players, play them and don't be afraid to lose. Watch what they do, anything they can do - you can do too.

Stick to starter decks too, because everyone who plays those is on equal grounds. The best starter decks in no particular order are Rillaboom, Charizard, Relentless Flame, Storm Caller, Soaring Storm, Towering Heights, Unseen Depths.
However Imperial Command, Leaf Charge, Laser focus, Zazamenta, Blazing Volcano, Galarian Sirfetch'd, Galarian Darmanitan, Battle Mind aren't too bad, but in my opinion less consistent or have bigger drawbacks compared to other decks.

~What's the difference between a novice and a master? The master has lost more times than the novice.
~ FAIL stands for First Action In Learning.

Yes I like battling PVP as well but that is really just my opinion...

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2021 at 8:28 AM, GrimBeard said:

Why is that?

cuz all I wanna do is get packs and open them and collect the cards,building decks and playing pvp isnt that important for me

• 1 month later...

Why also when you win against a trainer do you not get a star? I have tried to complete all the trainer challenges but sometimes I win and I don't get the star.

Any ideas?

@tansleypete You need a different Theme deck for every star so you can do with the 3 Starter decks (Crushing /Hidden/Born) but you need a 4th Theme (I suggest Relentless flame), bought in game shop at 500 tokens to complete every trainer. The 4th star it's a free random pack and you get some more for every completed league + a pack from the set the Theme is at 12 wins with that deck. This is  around 48 locked packs rewarded once you complete the Trainer challenge. Open'em all.

For the coins, all 36 trainers at 3 stars are rewarded with 504 tokens but if you are far from that point, you could try PvP to get a couple wins and the Ladder rewards you with 75 tokens per 3 wins (+ the mystery gift which one of the most common rewards is 25 coins). However, entering Theme best chance would be Mental might probably, which is not hopeful at all although probably in first stages of the game you find non tier 1 Theme in front but some random old Theme and mirror matches.

Another option would be Expanded Mental might tuned up, but you'd need some deckbuilding skills for this. Even boring, I suggest you complete the trainer challenge first.

You need a different Theme deck for every star so you can do 

Thats the bit I didn't understand... Thank you for that clear explanation!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, tansleypete said:

Why also when you win against a trainer do you not get a star? I have tried to complete all the trainer challenges but sometimes I win and I don't get the star.

Any ideas?

Hello @tansleypete

We appreciate your participation in the forums, but please in your future comments try to comply with the guidelines.

I'll be closing this thread now as reviving old topics is against the rules. 

• Mod_GuruLot locked this topic