Unsatisfying game experience.

bobthekillergoldfish

Hey all,

playing the OLTCG is what has dragged me back into playing TCG IRL, I love the game and am really enjoying the opportunity to get a lot more games on line than I can ever hope to get IRL.

However, I keep hitting the same nonsense over and over when I play, resulting in a negative experience and repeated frustration.

Every four or five games is great, I play good game and win or lose have a great time. Usually I try to chat with my opponant during/after to break down what happened so I can improve my deck and play style.

Most games though I get one of a few things.

A: Player starts to fall behind and either DCs or concedes .I don't have a problem with conceding, scooping a lost cause is fine... but it sucks when people DC as it just feels lame. Sure, some of you may have legitimate connection issues, but it seems to happen whenever you are losing... jsut saying.

B: Again, usually when a player falls behind... they don't DC, instead they sit there and grind down the clock, I guess hoping I get bored and wander off, giving them the game or something. Its so dull to sit and watch the clock ticking down second by second. Maybe a three min turn limit or similar could be put in place to force this unpsortsmanlike behaviour to stop.

IRL you could call a judge and file for stalling I guess, but there is no such thing in teh game so what can you do?

Anyone else hitting similar issues?

Yeah. Especially with the DC/concede thing. Usually, it's conceding. Though, I've had some people DC right on the last turn, suspiciously when I'm about to take the win and they know there's no way to prevent it (other than disconnecting). It makes the game frustrating, but there's not much they can do about that. They implemented the concede option, and that helps some. But in almost every game (online and off), you will have sore losers. These are likely the same people that throw their Monopoly pieces when you're taking bank. There isn't much to stop them short of taking away their X button and their refresh button.

I've yet to run into the people who sit there and let the clock tick. It sounds pretty frustrating, though.

I do enjoy the game, regardless, so I deal with the problems all for those good games. Had one just now where the other deck was pretty good. Had legendaries, but wasn't one of those decks that literally relied on the legendaries. Was built well all around. Thought for sure it was a loss, but as the game went on, I pulled a win. So glad that person finished the game, too. It was a good game and the other person played with a lot of strategy. Those kind of games are the reason I keep playing, even though half of the other games where I'm close to winning end in DC or conceding.

Geezzz ppl actually DC on this game too? I would never DC, such if I get to the point I think I have no chance to win I may concede. I guess losing is something really big for some of these guys.... Hey, it's just a game afterall. I pity them for they have to face real life challenges eventually lol. I can totally feel you dude. I play Demons Souls and Dark Souls I lost count how many times ppl DC on me when they were about to lose. Same thing with SSF4 on my 3DS...

Yeah in the last 23 wins I have had, I have only been able to end 4 of them by getting winning conditions. I have had a lot of disconnects, and it drives me up the wall. I just report them for stalling and block them. Hopefully they do something soon to fix this!

If after the first few turns I know that I will lose due to a bad starting hand I will DC. I see no point sticking it out when I know that with my current deck no card will enable me to turn it around. I mean getting 1 weak pokemon, no bench and just energys/trainers cards that are not of use at the moment.

If a match goes smoothly, either I am winning or losing, I stick it out until the end just to see what else I could have done or if I am losing to see if I can turn it around and win the game.

I only DC during a game for two reason, I have lost completly within the first 2-3 turns, or I have to go ASAP due to something that just came up IRL.

I don't mind it when people DC/Concende when you are winning. What I hate is when a person takes AGES just to make 1 move. Like 7 mintues.

@Xeer:

Instead of DC-ing, please hit 'Concede'. It saves the other person time and gives them the win they deserve. Spread the word too if you know other people that don't know about that option.

Archived