* 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 1 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 4 Great Ball SUM 119
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154

##Energy - 8

* 4 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 4 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Anyway my point of the post is, I really don't see the point of having triple acceleration in the list at all, since the only Pokémon with a 3 cost Mad party attack is a basic Dedenne and she needs a psychic energy anyways.

Is it just because we currently have no double colourless in standard currently?

Triple Acceleration Energy only works on Evolved Pokemon and it's only in the deck because it works on Polteageist and is the only Energy card providing more than 1 Energy in Standard besides Twin Energy. Having to attach Energies over two turns is way too slow for the archetype as your attackers are easily knocked out every turn. And you have to rely on getting a KO every turn to beat ADP.

I've seen some variants including Welder and running on Fire Energy but there are other Supporters you should rather play than having to weld for attacking if you ask me.

Having only 4 Energies total in the deck would be way too unreliable as you pretty much cannot win when 2 are prized because there is no (reasonable) way to retrieve Special Energies from you Discard Pile in Standard and most 3-Prizers are out of OHKO range. I'd argue that 4 TAE are too much since it's only useful when you absolutely have to use Polteageist which you usually don't want to do in the first place. Otherwise it's a wasted slot. I had 2 in the deck when playing Mad Party in Standard and it felt sufficient.

Edited by OelBoy
  • Upvote 1

If you don't want to run Triple Acceleration Energy, I'd suggest a build of Mad Party with 4 Twin Energy, 5 Lightning Energy and 1 Tapu Koko {*}. The idea is that you discard Lightning Energy as you go through your deck, use Dance of the Ancients to build up 2 Mad Party Pokemon with 1 Energy then attach from your hand to get to the two energy requirement. The potential benefit of this approach is the ability to cut out the Polteageist line, however, Polteageist is quite helpful to your deck due to its natural draw power so it isn't super worth it.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, ellomello044208 said:

If you don't want to run Triple Acceleration Energy, I'd suggest a build of Mad Party with 4 Twin Energy, 5 Lightning Energy and 1 Tapu Koko {*}. The idea is that you discard Lightning Energy as you go through your deck, use Dance of the Ancients to build up 2 Mad Party Pokemon with 1 Energy then attach from your hand to get to the two energy requirement. The potential benefit of this approach is the ability to cut out the Polteageist line, however, Polteageist is quite helpful to your deck due to its natural draw power so it isn't super worth it.

I already have 1 pokemon slot permanently taken up by Oranguru/Duskull/Oricoro so I don't think the tapu koku version is for me, I really like duskull there and mixed with Roxy I don't think I wanna mess with that synergy. but I like the approach

2 hours ago, OelBoy said:

Triple Acceleration Energy only works on Evolved Pokemon and it's only in the deck because it works on Polteageist and is the only Energy card providing more than 1 Energy in Standard besides Twin Energy. Having to attach Energies over two turns is way too slow for the archetype as your attackers are easily knocked out every turn. And you have to rely on getting a KO every turn to beat ADP.

I've seen some variants including Welder and running on Fire Energy but there are other Supporters you should rather play than having to weld for attacking if you ask me.

Having only 4 Energies total in the deck would be way too unreliable as you pretty much cannot win when 2 are prized because there is no (reasonable) way to retrieve Special Energies from you Discard Pile in Standard and most 3-Prizers are out of OHKO range. I'd argue that 4 TAE are too much since it's only useful when you absolutely have to use Polteageist which you usually don't want to do in the first place. Otherwise it's a wasted slot. I had 2 in the deck when playing Mad Party in Standard and it felt sufficient.

What would you suggest I put in my list instead of the 2 energies (i am always tossing half of them anyways. Thinking a Giovanni's exile and something else or maybe 2 chaotic swirls or whatever they're called/

Lucky Egg can be quite nice, Giovanni's Exile is great, especially in mirror matches and against ADP, Reset Stamp and Tool Scrapper can come in handy. Hapu and Roxie are great Supporters for the deck. Putting in a Chaotic Swell to mess with a few decks is also pretty great.

Edit: Oh, looks like I actually played 3 TAE. I'll just post my decklist here. It is by no means perfect and I'd probably build it different today, I switched to Expanded after like 30 games so I didn't bother optimizing too much.

Spoiler

****** Pokémon Sammelkartenspiel-Deckliste ******

##Pokémon - 25

* 4 Scoppel DAA 150
* 1 Iksbat-V DAA 182
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 4 Dedenne DAA 78
* 4 Fatalitee DAA 82
* 4 Mortipot DAA 83
* 4 Galar-Pantifrost DAA 36

##Trainerkarten - 28

* 2 Befehl vom Boss RCL 154
* 1 Tausch HS 102
* 2 Cynthia & Kattlea CEC 189
* 2 Hapu'u UNM 200
* 3 Entwicklungsrauch SSH 163
* 1 Öde des Chaos CEC 187
* 1 Giovannis Exil HIF 67
* 4 Flottball SSH 179
* 4 Anziehungsnetz RCL 165
* 1 Reset-Stempel UNM 206
* 2 Glücks-Ei SSH 167
* 2 Forschung des Professors SSH 178
* 2 Superfänger CEC 192
* 1 Ausrüstungsentsorger DRX 116

##Energie - 7

* 4 Zwillings-Energie RCL 174
* 3 Dreifach-Beschleunigungs-Energie UNB 190

Karten insgesamt: - 60

****** Deckliste erstellt von: Pokémon Sammelkartenspiel Online www.pokemon.de/tcgo ******

My game is set to German but your game should recognize the list!

Edited by OelBoy

2 hours ago, OelBoy said:

Lucky Egg can be quite nice, Giovanni's Exile is great, especially in mirror matches and against ADP, Reset Stamp and Tool Scrapper can come in handy. Hapu and Roxie are great Supporters for the deck. Putting in a Chaotic Swell to mess with a few decks is also pretty great.

Edit: Oh, looks like I actually played 3 TAE. I'll just post my decklist here. It is by no means perfect and I'd probably build it different today, I switched to Expanded after like 30 games so I didn't bother optimizing too much.

Hide contents

****** Pokémon Sammelkartenspiel-Deckliste ******

##Pokémon - 25

* 4 Scoppel DAA 150
* 1 Iksbat-V DAA 182
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 4 Dedenne DAA 78
* 4 Fatalitee DAA 82
* 4 Mortipot DAA 83
* 4 Galar-Pantifrost DAA 36

##Trainerkarten - 28

* 2 Befehl vom Boss RCL 154
* 1 Tausch HS 102
* 2 Cynthia & Kattlea CEC 189
* 2 Hapu'u UNM 200
* 3 Entwicklungsrauch SSH 163
* 1 Öde des Chaos CEC 187
* 1 Giovannis Exil HIF 67
* 4 Flottball SSH 179
* 4 Anziehungsnetz RCL 165
* 1 Reset-Stempel UNM 206
* 2 Glücks-Ei SSH 167
* 2 Forschung des Professors SSH 178
* 2 Superfänger CEC 192
* 1 Ausrüstungsentsorger DRX 116

##Energie - 7

* 4 Zwillings-Energie RCL 174
* 3 Dreifach-Beschleunigungs-Energie UNB 190

Karten insgesamt: - 60

****** Deckliste erstellt von: Pokémon Sammelkartenspiel Online www.pokemon.de/tcgo ******

My game is set to German but your game should recognize the list!

I studied German at school and was quite good, but they never taught me pokemon names (since they didn't exist) Jeez your energy names are ridiculously long even for German words haha

Edit: Wow your deck is VERY different from mine not really sure about the lack of oricoro and using scoop up nets though. I don't have Hapu and not really on planning on just getting her for this, Roxy + Duskull work very well for the discarding of it

English Decklist in case anyone wants it

Spoiler

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 25

* 4 Bunnelby DAA 150
* 1 Crobat V DAA 182
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 4 Dedenne DAA 78
* 4 Sinistea DAA 82
* 4 Polteageist DAA 83
* 4 Galarian Mr. Rime DAA 36

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 1 Switch SSH 183
* 2 Cynthia & Caitlin CEC 189
* 2 Hapu UNM 200
* 3 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 1 Giovanni's Exile HIF 67
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 2 Lucky Egg SSH 167
* 2 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 2 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 1 Tool Scrapper RCL 168

##Energy - 7

* 4 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 3 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Edited by nekoshounen
More stuff to say

@nekoshounen  Some names are quite long, yeah 😅

And yes, my deck is vastly different. Please look at it as some kind of inspiration, not a given. I built it when Mad Party just came out just as I saw fit and never looked at other people's lists afterwards.