Hydro Fury theme deck is better than people give it credit for

guruguy87

Had a "water challenge" of knocking out 16 pokemon with your water. So I picked Hydro Fury. Been a while since I played, but was always fairly impressed by it... Anyway so I played and took down a championship theme tournament with the deck just a bit ago. It has some helpful energy acceleration to help it, very strong stage 2 attacker swampert, helpful backup attacker abomasnow (despite being slow) and frost rotom. Dunsparce is great to get your basics out and macgargo gets you whatever card to top of deck. (You gotta be smart with your "order of operations" in the order you do things). I recon for all the love that the vivid voltage charizard deck gets that hydro fury 1 for 1 is flatly better than the charizard deck. (charizard deck as whole is just too slow, costs too much energy) Another strategy to win can be the tiny slugma with the "can't retreat next turn" attack. I pulled this strategy off in one of my matchups to deck my opponent out (they brought out farfetched) instead of taking 6 prizes since they were ahead of me already and I wasn't going to catch up. Luckily they burned the 2 switches and they had no way to recycle cards back into their deck either. It was a rather beautiful thing to watch happen. Opponent kept saying well played and giving me the hearts and then the angry face. LOL. Always find a way to win folks and don't give up... :) But yup Hydro Fury is pretty legit. 

• Upvote 1