I cannot open TCGO

BraviaryBoi

For some reason I cannot open TCGO. When I do, I get to the screen before the login screen, but I never make it there. Instead, I get a small window saying "Preload Error: An error occurred when downloading preload data. Please check your Internet connection and try again. The app will now quit.", with a button to click "exit" and then the program closes. I would post a picture but I can't figure out how to do it on here so please bear with me. 
This issue began yesterday. I attempted to open up the game and got this error message. I attempted to uninstall, and reinstall the program/ I did this many times. My internet was fine, I had no trouble accessing anything else on my computer and none of my four other family members had issues either on theirs. I have a Mac and was able to open up the program on my dad's windows computer, but not mine. I tried turning my computer off and on again, etc. I don't understand what the issue was in the first place because I have had no trouble opening the program before yesterday, aside from the big window glitch. I don't know what to do to fix this and I need help. I assume it is an issue with my computer, but its such a subtle change in how my computer is operating that I have no clue what the issue could be.

Hi @BraviaryBoi,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into this issue!

Please try out the following steps that may help you to resolve the issue you're describing:

* Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer.

* If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

* In your modem or router settings, open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 8181, 6967, and 39389.

* Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it; you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list.

* Close any background applications before launching the TCGO (VoIP, Skype, and Bittorrent related programs are especially known to cause issues).

It might help to flush your DNS cache again after troubleshooting the above. Please find instructions to flush DNS cache in Windows 10 below: 1. Right click on the Start Icon. 2. Click on Command Prompt. 3. The Windows Command Prompt Window will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns. and press ENTER. 4. You should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

If after doing all the above the issue persists, please reach out to the support team. You can open a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, selecting the "PTCGO" option, and then selecting "Contact Us"