Bug? Or does the game let you win sometimes?

Velkoon

I misclicked and chose the wrong move once, resulting in what should have been a total sweep against my team. However, the opponent (Zach) just sat there with his Miltank w/ 3 energy cards (enough to do Miltank's move) turn after turn after turn...I had the absolute worst RNG and didn't get any energies for ~10 turns in a row. And Zach just sat there...attaching energies to benched pokemon and evolving them, but never attacking. Was that a bug? Or did the game not want to win?

Even after Miltank was killed and a Pidove was put in, Zach kept using Pidove's non-damaging move to look at the card on the top of the deck, despite having enough energy cards to use the attacking move. That happened 4/5 turns in a row.

Zach only had 1 prize card left to claim to win. Regardless if anyone says otherwise here (probably from misunderstanding what happened), I'll likely remain convinced the game wanted me to win that match.

I HATE easy games or participation trophies. However, based on threads I'm seeing in here, these trainer challenges indeed get harder, so I'll hold my breath.

• Upvote 1

It just happens. I think that the CPU gets locked onto a move as soon as they use it even if they can use another one they still continue to use the move. Also I think that when their Pokemon comes into active and can use both of its attacks it's like a coin flip as to which one they use. Tbh I think the whole trainer challenge is outdated and they need to change some things and update the cards the CPU uses.

• Upvote 1

For some reason the AI only attacks in a turn they also attach energy. It's a really weird bug they introduced when they removed the ability to select difficulty level.

If you want a challenge, get a Theme Deck from the Heartgold/Soulsilver era, or a Trainer Kit.

Edited by GR0
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 7:41 PM, Velkoon said:

...based on threads I'm seeing in here, these trainer challenges indeed get harder, so I'll hold my breath.

All the trainer challenges are easy - too easy. You'd have to genuinely try to get beat in order to lose in the Trainer Challenges.

It doesn't improve sorry to inform.

Edited by GrimBeard
For clarity.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah A.I is dumb. You can deck out them if you really wanted every time, but i just use their stupid a.i to stall if i have bad cards. Then i switch and 1 shot everything.

But i suppose T.C is suppose to help player to understand the game and perhaps build up their confidence? I dont know, but  i myself am new to tcgo and still finishing all the Stars.

• 6 months later...

One day I actually found out that I could win by attaching a protecter Pokemon tool to a Snorlax and my (A.I.) opponent would keep drawing cards, meanwhile using an attack that was completely negated, thus they ran out of deck in 30 moves. I un-offically called it "The Patient/Lazy Method", because you just wait the A.I. out.