Marshadow GX's ability is bugged

NanoSoldierII

It's ability says it can use the attacks of basic pokemon in the discard pile, but even with the required energy sometimes it doesn't let me. This has cost me games. Sometimes it only shows one attack but not the rest. Sometimes it doesn't show anything at all. my only possible explanation with this is because I'm playing mad party, and two different types of pokemon have the same name attack but different energy.

GrimBeard
2 hours ago, NanoSoldierII said:

It's ability says it can use the attacks of basic Pokemon in the discard pile, but even with the required energy sometimes it doesn't let me. This has cost me games. Sometimes it only shows one attack but not the rest. Sometimes it doesn't show anything at all. my only possible explanation with this is because I'm playing mad party, and two different types of Pokemon have the same name attack but different energy.

Yeah I've tripped myself up once or twice with this scenario. You do need to have the energy type required to use any particular attack as well as the correct amount. It's not a bug, it's how the cards ability is intended to be used.

Eg if an attack needs 1x fire and 1x water energy, Marshadow would need to have at least 1x fire and 1x water energy not two fire or any other combination etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost every time this happens is because you attached a twin energy on marshadow instead of the dce. I play a lot of expanded mad party and I have made this mistake every once in a while.

IceBeamTogetic

We need a game log. It's probably not a bug, and instead something simple like Wondrous Labyrinth in play, not having a bunnelby in the discard, (I've done this too many times) or something similar. Without the log, there's no way to tell.