Best/Worst Investments

tyl3366

Ok, so I'm kinda curious as to what you guys think are some good investments right now with shining fates coming out and all. Obviously not Crobat, but any that you should invest in? I'm probably wrong, but it seems to me that a lot of cards are going to crash in price when shining fates comes out. Any that will go up you think?

Although IDK much about shining fates,

but u shud start collecting mewnmewtwoGX as they will become quite expensive when the battle styles expansion comes out.

• Upvote 1

Over the years, regardless of the set it comes from, if you have like a secret rare Charizard, or a card that's rare and especially rare ones valuable to competitive play, their prices are high and or go high. Now, I mention both of these because I don't know if your referring to IRL, or in-game. If IRL, then ONLY the secret rare (or whatever rare rarity) valuable competetive cards would be high in value (with exceptions, I mention those below). Things like the Rainbow Charizard (Burning Shadows) aren't worth much at all on the game as opposed to IRL due to the lack of competitive use surrounding that card.

Take a look at cards like Computer Search (great card) for example in the game. Sure, it was probably always expensive, but nowadays, I don't even know how to get this. Also, the secret rare Ultra Ball from Plasma Freeze (might be wrong on the set lol).

I also want to mention (Like I said I would above) that I know there are some other really valuable cards in the game that aren't really competetive. There are like XY promos and stuff like that, but you'd have to ask someone else about those.

I'm really all over the price, but really, the older a rare card gets, the more value it possesses. This is souly from my experience over the years, and someone else may view different. But, this should give you a general idea.

Overall, I'd say in-game, rare competitive card investments are great, and in IRL, things like rare Charizards are great.

DISCLAIMER: I noticed that your post was based around one set, but what I said should still give you a good idea.

Sorry I wasn't really clear, I was referring to in game. I guess what I mean is that what cards will become more playable (and so increase in price) with the release of shining fates and battle styles?

On 2/9/2021 at 10:28 AM, bbbyblack said:

does anyone know why the price of Crobat V is falling?

Yes, there is going to be a promo box that includes a shiny Crobat V and Vmax that I believe comes out in early March. Also, in Shining Fates, Crobat V will be included in the base set, making it much easier to open and adding another expansion that it can be opened in. 

• Like 1