new player with adp zacian

genh

22 minutes ago, GrimBeard said:

So it's still situational then.

As I said before, 

What I feel like you're doing is throwing in examples of how it could work and why it would. Anyone do that for any card for any deck.  If it works for you then cool.

For myself to go against (as I have in past games), it's not a threat, deterrent and certainly not a tank. For myself to use, "it's too situational for myself to consider it adding value to a ADP/Zacian V deck".

None of this applies to my version of an ADP/Zacian V deck or how I play it.

For me.

Well then if you don't think it's a threat at all fine but I think it's a good strategy to play it because of it's ability. It applys to my version.

Also everything is situational. Attacking with zacian V is also situational since you will only use it then switch out.

2 minutes ago, PinkyPockyPanda said:

Powerful energy doesn't work on Zacian V.

It does work since it doesn't say on the energy it doesn't work on V's at all. You must think since it doesn't use colorless energy it won't work. You can apply extra energy to pokemon than what's needed.

18 minutes ago, Soup1900 said:

Well then if you don't think it's a threat at all fine...

I know.

It applys to my version.

As I said before, "If it works for you then cool".

Also everything is situational.

It's a card game that requires luck - as well as other things obviously - so that should go without saying. I was referring to that particular card being used as a means of a counter strategy and was alluding to the consistency i.e. not the nature of the game.

On 2/24/2021 at 8:27 PM, GrimBeard said:

It's use would be too inconsistent imo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attacking with zacian V is also situational since you will only use it then switch out.

Yeah sure, for some but

On 2/24/2021 at 5:59 PM, GrimBeard said:

Personally, I really don't have any issue finding a switch within my deck that's similar to the original poster.

On 2/24/2021 at 8:27 PM, GrimBeard said:

That isn't an issue with the correct cards in a deck, as I stated "I really don't have any issue finding a switch within my deck" eg Air Balloon, Switch or using Cherish Ball/Quick Ball for Dedenne or/and Crobat V to draw into a Air Balloon, Switch. With 4 Metal Saucers and ADP charging up the bench attack, retreating is also also a valid option.

Edited by GrimBeard
"Tidying" quotes.

57 minutes ago, Soup1900 said:

It does work since it doesn't say on the energy it doesn't work on V's at all. You must think since it doesn't use colorless energy it won't work. You can apply extra energy to pokemon than what's needed.

Powerful energy only work on "Normal type" Pokemon, Zacian V is "Steel type".

I did try it.

1 minute ago, PinkyPockyPanda said:

Powerful energy only work on "Normal type" Pokemon, Zacian V is "Steel type".

I did try it.

Sorry I didn't see the last part

by the way, since I didn't see you guys mentioned it or put it in the deck,

Channeler can repeat Zacian V attack without switching it out, a good card for Zacian V deck.

1 hour ago, PinkyPockyPanda said:

Channeler can repeat Zacian V attack without switching it out, a good card for Zacian V deck.

I read "Chandelure" at first and thought one of those cards had an ability to let it copy an attack already made.

Took me a good moment or two to realize my mistake 😄

23 minutes ago, Soup1900 said:

How about rusted sword? It gives zacian plus 30 damage which can really help 1 bang more pokemon

For a deck that uses Zacian V as a main attacker, Rusted Sword is a default tool.

The problem is that it is not out for coin yet, I got mine from trade, 2 swords for 1 booster.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:38 PM, PinkyPockyPanda said:

by the way, since I didn't see you guys mentioned it or put it in the deck,

I use Channeler and Pokémon Ranger. The ranger can cancel effects of GX attacks like ADP.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PinkyPockyPanda said:

For a deck that uses Zacian V as a main attacker, Rusted Sword is a default tool.

The problem is that it is not out for coin yet, I got mine from trade, 2 swords for 1 booster.

The only reason I suggested it is since no one else suggested it that's why.  And what d you mean it's not out for coin yet? 

57 minutes ago, Soup1900 said:

The only reason I suggested it is since no one else suggested it that's why.  And what d you mean it's not out for coin yet? 

"Not out for coin" most likely refers to the fact that you can't buy Shining Fates decks or packs in the store for tokens yet making them difficult to get.

I use Fighting Fury Belt at the moment but I will add Rusty Sword if can get it

Edited by Wolfman_11

On 2/27/2021 at 6:13 PM, Wolfman_11 said:

"Not out for coin" most likely refers to the fact that you can't buy Shining Fates decks or packs in the store for tokens yet making them difficult to get.

I use Fighting Fury Belt at the moment but I will add Rusty Sword if can get it

Thanks for explaining that. I would offer someone a trade for something for my spare rusted sword but it's trade locked so 😥

Edited by Soup1900
I forgot the g in explaining

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest making your ideal version then making what I call a "cheap" version which can always be changed until you have all the ideal cards in it. For example, at the moment I have a lightening deck that uses 4x Boltund V cards, the problem is, I don't have any Boltund V cards. After creating the deck as unusable as it is due to missing cards, I add the missing cards to my wanted list and I "clone deck" the deck. I now have two of this unusable deck. The second lightening deck I edit and replace the cards I don't have with cards I do have that does the same thing for eg Boltund V > Manectric 52/168. mx player for pc

Regards mx player

Edited by kumarkuldeep6

26 minutes ago, kumarkuldeep6 said:

I suggest making your ideal version then making what I call a "cheap" version which can always be changed until you have all the ideal cards in it. For example, at the moment I have a lightening deck that uses 4x Boltund V cards, the problem is, I don't have any Boltund V cards. After creating the deck as unusable as it is due to missing cards, I add the missing cards to my wanted list and I "clone deck" the deck. I now have two of this unusable deck. The second lightening deck I edit and replace the cards I don't have with cards I do have that does the same thing for eg Boltund V > Manectric 52/168.

I do this as well - I even name the deck for example "Charizard VMAX - cheap". I tend to make "the" deck then make a copy of it that I then go on to use. I literally had the same idea as you had, I used Manectric as a cheap, short term replacement for Boltund V. 

It's strange, I'm sure I've typed the exact scenario you posted before. Strange eh?

Here's a deck update of what it should kinda look like:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 2 Crobat V DAA 104
* 2 Arceus & Dialga & Palkia-GX CEC 156
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 3 Zacian V SSH 138
* 1 Zamazenta V SSH 139
* 1 Indeedee V SSH 91

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 1 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 2 Tag Switch UNM 209
* 4 Metal Saucer SSH 170
* 2 Rusted Sword SHF 62
* 2 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 2 Pokémon Ranger STS 113
* 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 1 Rusted Shield SHF 61
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Boss's Orders SHF 58
* 3 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 4 Professor's Research SHF 60
* 4 Switch KSS 38
* 1 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 4 Marnie SSH 169
* 1 Capacious Bucket RCL 156

##Energy - 11

* 1 Coating {M} Energy VIV 163
* 3 Water Energy SMEnergy 12
* 1 Draw Energy CEC 209
* 6 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are a lot of unnesecary cards you can get rid of such as indeedee V and rangers as they are not required for decks like adp...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

here is my advice use another copy of boss's orders and some energy switches instead of scoop up nets and indeedee

use an aurora energy instead of one water energy. u can even add a copy of guzma and hala. Remove the draw energy and add mallow and lana.

remove capacious bucket too and if u can find urself an eldegoss v.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@pokerishabh Pokemon Ranger/Channeler is needed for removing the "During your next turn, this pokemon can't attack" on it so you can always attack with Zacian V since it's the main attacker. I would keep capacious bucket since it automatically draws water type energy for you to use and afterwards you can discard it with quick ball. That's why there's only 1 copy of it since otherwise you don't really need it. I will get rid of scoop up net since I really only need 1. Draw Energy is there to draw an extra card to play which works with Zamazenta V since it also uses 1 colorless energy otherwise I would use water energy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

i understand but if u use ranger u also get rid of adp's gx attack's effects. I would rather research and find a switch than do this unnecessary stuff.

a draw energy that is only useful on one of the side attckers i dont know man if ur too eager to draw a card there are many other options but i think ADP does not usually have rotation problems.

Edited by pokerishabh
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

@Soup1900 I agree but I think you could cut Pokémon Ranger and 1 Tag switch for steel energy and boss

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 10

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 2 Crobat V DAA 104
* 2 Arceus & Dialga & Palkia-GX CEC 156
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 3 Zacian V SSH 138
* 1 Zamazenta V SSH 139

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 1 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 1 Tag Switch UNM 209
* 4 Metal Saucer SSH 170

* 2 Channeler UNM 190
* 2 Rusted Sword SHF 62
* 2 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 1 Rusted Shield SHF 61
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 3 Boss's Orders SHF 58
* 3 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 4 Professor's Research SHF 60
* 4 Switch KSS 38
* 1 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 1 Capacious Bucket RCL 156

##Energy - 12

* 1 Coating {M} Energy VIV 163
* 3 Water Energy SMEnergy 12
* 8 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

• Like 1

eldegoss v and mallow and lana work great in the deck rather than rangers. mallow and lana provide extra mobility and heal 120 damage off ur  pokemon usually adp that is a lot and can save you the game. pls do understand. i dont mind u not followin my list but i am telling u it does work better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

energy switches are also essential u can pull of gx attack if u go second on ur first turn itself!

metal saucer a metal energy from ur discard pile onto ur benched metal pokemon then use energy switch and put the energy onto the adp and attach water from hand. voila ur done!

eldegoss can grab ur boss back and gust you those extra prize knock outs on supporting pokemon that u want. this the main focus that i believe is of the deck. To carry out a gx attack and then gust up and knock out 2 benched pokemon such as deddennes GX or crobats Vs. take 2 extra prizes and ending game in 2-3 turns.

Edited by pokerishabh
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

After reading you might pop a dislike but take in mind this is all my opnion for ur betterment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1