Jump to content

new player with adp zacian


genh
 Share

Recommended Posts

after 1 month getting into game, trying to build a standard deck, i istart it bcs i had pull (locked) 1adp and 2 crobat v with luck, somehow i manage can 4 zacian and 1 zamazenta from trades, which card should i try getting on next? below are my deck

 

 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 8

* 2 Crobat V DAA 104
* 1 Arceus & Dialga & Palkia-GX CEC 156
* 4 Zacian V SSH 138
* 1 Zamazenta V PR-SW 19

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 2 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 1 Cape of Toughness DAA 160
* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 4 Energy Switch BLW 94
* 1 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
* 4 Switch SSH 183
* 4 Team Yell Grunt SSH 184
* 4 Pokémon Catcher SSH 175
* 4 Energy Search SSH 161
* 1 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 2 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 2 Sonia RCL 167
* 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 1 Bird Keeper DAA 159
* 1 Big Charm SSH 158
* 4 Hop SSH 165

##Energy - 12

* 3 Water Energy Energy 3
* 8 Metal Energy Energy 8
* 1 Aurora Energy SSH 186

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow! Great deck already. Here are some things I would recommend to make this deck even better:

-Replace the 2 Sonia with 2 more professors research, it gives you lots of draw power and consistency

 

-Get 4 copies of quick ball, since you have no evolution Pokemon, they are pretty much mandatory in a deck like this

 

-replace the 4 copies of hop with 4 marnie, marnie lets you draw cards while making your opponent shuffle their hand

 

-out 4 copies of metal saucer in this deck, it helps accelerate Zacian V much faster

 

-replace the energy search with Viridian Forest or Energy Spinner, Viridian Forest is a stadium so it can be used turn after turn, Energy Spinner can search for 3 energy if you go second or 1 if otherwise 

 

-add some ordinary rods, they are good recovery of both energy and Pokemon

 

-put some Boss's Orders in the deck if you can instead of 4 Yell Grunts, Boss's orders lets you decide what Pokemon your opponent has active

 

Other than that, this deck is awesome:) It is a very good start and will still be decently good after rotation. Good luck and have fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, genh said:

after 1 month getting into game, trying to build a standard deck, i istart it bcs i had pull (locked) 1adp and 2 crobat v with luck, somehow i manage can 4 zacian and 1 zamazenta from trades, which card should i try getting on next? below are my deck

 

That's a great start after a month of playing.

 

I've pasted a deck I sometime use that's similar in playing style to your deck. If it pleases, you could use it as a shopping list.

 

I would absolutely suggest that you concentrate on getting your Trainer cards first as they are easily going to be the easiest and cheapest cards to acquire in comparison to the Pokemon cards.

 

If you have any questions on why I use any of these cards, feel free to ask and I'll answer.

 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 1 Crobat V DAA 104
* 1 Zigzagoon SSH 117
* 1 Arceus & Dialga & Palkia-GX CEC 156
* 1 Eldegoss V CPA 5
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 219
* 3 Jirachi TEU 99
* 3 Zacian V PR-SW 18
* 1 Zamazenta V PR-SW 19

Trainer Cards - 36

* 1 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 4 Metal Saucer SSH 170
* 1 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 2 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 3 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 4 Switch SSH 183
* 4 Professor's Research CPA 62
* 4 Marnie CPA 56
* 1 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 1 Big Charm SSH 158
* 3 Energy Switch SSH 162
* 1 Capacious Bucket RCL 156

Energy - 11

* 9 Metal Energy HS 122
* 2 Water Energy HS 117

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Edited by GrimBeard
Fixing spelling.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, bcturtle150 said:

Wow! Great deck already. Here are some things I would recommend to make this deck even better:

-Replace the 2 Sonia with 2 more professors research, it gives you lots of draw power and consistency

 

-Get 4 copies of quick ball, since you have no evolution Pokemon, they are pretty much mandatory in a deck like this

 

-replace the 4 copies of hop with 4 marnie, marnie lets you draw cards while making your opponent shuffle their hand

 

-out 4 copies of metal saucer in this deck, it helps accelerate Zacian V much faster

 

-replace the energy search with Viridian Forest or Energy Spinner, Viridian Forest is a stadium so it can be used turn after turn, Energy Spinner can search for 3 energy if you go second or 1 if otherwise 

 

-add some ordinary rods, they are good recovery of both energy and Pokemon

 

-put some Boss's Orders in the deck if you can instead of 4 Yell Grunts, Boss's orders lets you decide what Pokemon your opponent has active

 

Other than that, this deck is awesome:) It is a very good start and will still be decently good after rotation. Good luck and have fun!

i will try to get those cards, thank you very much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

btw dedenne is impossible to get for my current condition, so expensive, i was lucky enough bcs crobat even more expensive, boss order still affordable, i trade all my packs to get those zacians hahaha

Edited by genh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, genh said:

@GrimBeard is 3 zacian enough (should i reduce it too?) and 1 adp enough?  is  1x (Alln)zigzagoon scoop up combo good?

 

From memory, I've never used more than 3 Zacian V cards in any match. 3 seems to be a good number in my pasted deck considering everything else that's in it. If I were going to play 4 Zacian V, I'd remove my 1 Zamazenta V because I have never used that card in a match to date. It's got a purpose don't get me wrong, it's just, the situation has never happened that it was actually needed.

 

Zigzagoon is only used in certain matches to do 10 damage to certain Pokemon, that allows Zacian V to one shot them. That said yeah, having one Zigzagoon hasn't been an issue for myself personally. 

 

Similar to Zigzagoon, ADP has a job and once done isn't needed. I have never had an issue finding either the copy of the one Zigzagoon or ADP whilst playing.

 

Player preference really comes into any answers that could be given here by anyone.

 

I suggest making your ideal version then making what I call a "cheap" version which can always be changed until you have all the ideal cards in it. For example, at the moment I have a lightening deck that uses 4x Boltund V cards, the problem is, I don't have any Boltund V cards. After creating the deck as unusable as it is due to missing cards, I add the missing cards to my wanted list and I "clone deck" the deck. I now have two of this unusable deck. The second lightening deck I edit and replace the cards I don't have with cards I do have that does the same thing for eg Boltund V > Manectric 52/168.

 

What I'am poorly trying to say here is, I suggest you make an "ideal" deck and a "cheap" deck. Chances are you won't be able to play the "ideal" deck due to missing cards but it does give you a base to work around and allows you to get a feel for what feels right for you i.e. 1x ADP or 2 etc.

 

1 hour ago, genh said:

btw dedenne is impossible to get for my current condition, so expensive, i was lucky enough bcs crobat even more expensive, boss order still affordable, i trade all my packs to get those zacians hahaha

 

I agree. Although I can/could trade to have more Dedenne GX cards, I refuse to do so. The asking price is too high, especially so since I hear it's moving out of rotation. Truth be told, if I ever want more Dedenne GX cards I'll just buy the Pokemon TCG: Trainer's Toolkit which has - amongst other handy things - 2x Dedenne GX cards.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2021 at 2:42 PM, bcturtle150 said:

-replace the 4 copies of hop with 4 marnie, marnie lets you draw cards while making your opponent shuffle their hand

Thanks @bcturtle150 for giving me the opportunity to reiterate that draw 3 cards Supporter cards are BAD BAD BAD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, nekoshounen said:

Thanks @bcturtle150 for giving me the opportunity to reiterate that draw 3 cards Supporter cards are BAD BAD BAD

 

No, draw 3 cards supporter is not BAD.

 

 

It just that there always a better card 🤣 ha ha ha

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PinkyPockyPanda said:

 

No, draw 3 cards supporter is not BAD.

 

 

It just that there always a better card 🤣 ha ha ha

there is literally not a single instance I can think of where I would not switch a Hau, a Ceren, a Tierno or a Hop for something else in any given deck I'm constructing. That makes them inherently bad, they're only GOOD in theme decks. THAT IS IT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to play them in Lapras GX/Unown HAND deck. They are quite limiting though compared to the other crazy powerful Supporters we have access to.

 

A 2nd ADP is worth considering because if you prize your 1 of, 😭. If budget gets in the way though, 1 is fine.

 

Edited by Raticate555
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i think i know point here, since u are only allow to use 1 supp each turn, so u should value it, if u want pokemon juz use pokeball etc ball, want energy juz use energy spinner and energy search, if want trainer card then use ...(sry i dont know XD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Raticate555 said:

I used to play them in Lapras GX/Unown HAND deck. They are quite limiting though compared to the other crazy powerful Supporters we have access to.

 

A 2nd ADP is worth considering because if you prize your 1 of, 😭. If budget gets in the way though, 1 is fine.

 

i trade my 1 zacian and fully invest on another adp,  3 zacian is enough for me, i atmost use 2 zacian in some circumstance, i sometimes dont have enough energy for 3rd zacian lol
my deck is now 2 adp 3 zacian
btw, is there any card can act like welder in my adp zacian deck?? i so jealous when i see fire deck can attach so many fire energy at ONCE

Edited by genh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, nekoshounen said:

there is literally not a single instance I can think of where I would not switch a Hau, a Ceren, a Tierno or a Hop for something else in any given deck I'm constructing. That makes them inherently bad, they're only GOOD in theme decks. THAT IS IT

 

you didn't seem to get my joke. I just wanted to make fun with the draw 3 ^_^

 

to make it clear, I agree with you that the draw 3 is bad

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, genh said:

i trade my 1 zacian and fully invest on another adp,  3 zacian is enough for me, i atmost use 2 zacian in some circumstance, i sometimes dont have enough energy for 3rd zacian lol
my deck is now 2 adp 3 zacian
btw, is there any card can act like welder in my adp zacian deck?? i so jealous when i see fire deck can attach so many fire energy at ONCE

metal saucer

 

not as convenient but can do the trick for ZV

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 10

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 2 Crobat V DAA 104
* 2 Arceus & Dialga & Palkia-GX CEC 156
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 3 Zacian V PR-SW 18
* 1 Zamazenta V PR-SW 19

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 4 Metal Saucer SSH 170
* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Team Yell Grunt SSH 184
* 4 Energy Search SSH 161
* 4 Energy Switch SSH 162
* 2 Turbo Patch DAA 172
* 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 4 Switch SSH 183

##Energy - 10

* 2 Water Energy Energy 3
* 8 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
 please help me, what is the problem of my deck now? i got a 20 streak lose in row after i add in dedenne☹️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I strongly suggest getting 4x Marnie trainer cards along with your Professor's Research.

 

Here's my supporter list for the same type of deck:

 

On 1/24/2021 at 3:24 PM, GrimBeard said:

Trainer Cards - 36

* 1 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 4 Metal Saucer SSH 170
* 1 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 2 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 3 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 4 Switch SSH 183
* 4 Professor's Research CPA 62
* 4 Marnie CPA 56
* 1 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 1 Big Charm SSH 158
* 3 Energy Switch SSH 162
* 1 Capacious Bucket RCL 156

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a suggestion, why not add Alolan Persian GX into the deck. The reason I say this is because if you need to have time to build up or you are facing a deck that can start faster than you and teir using an ultra beast or your facing a deck with adp then you can use that card to prevent all effects of your opponents altered creation GX and creation ray making it useless and wasting their GX move.

 

You should also add powerful energy so your pokemon can do more damage, wash energy so your opponents effects from attacks are negated, and I might add coating energy just in case they use fairy type moves. For Alolan Persian GX, you might want to add darkness energy to attack with then just switch it out with switch.

Edited by Soup1900
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/24/2021 at 5:45 PM, Soup1900 said:

I have a suggestion, why not add Alolan Persian GX into the deck. The reason I say this is because if you need to have time to build up or you are facing a deck that can start faster than you and teir using an ultra beast or your facing a deck with adp then you can use that card to prevent all effects of your opponents altered creation GX and creation ray making it useless and wasting their GX move.

 

You should also add powerful energy so your pokemon can do more damage, wash energy so your opponents effects from attacks are negated, and I might add coating energy just in case they use fairy type moves. For Alolan Persian GX, you might want to add darkness energy to attack with then just switch it out with switch.

 

An issue with that strategy I can see is ADP charging up Zacian V instead of using the GX attack then switching and one hitting the Alolan Persian GX which would invalidate the attempted strategy. It'd postpone - for a turn - a GX attack sure, but at the cost of two prizes - yes please.

 

Personally, I really don't have any issue finding a switch within my deck that's similar to the original poster.

Edited by GrimBeard
Fixing spelling.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

An issue with that strategy I can see is ADP charging up Zacian V instead og using the GX attack then switching and one hitting the Alolan Persian GX which would invalidate the attempted strategy. It'd postpone - for a turn - a GX attack sure, but at the cost of two prizes - yes please.

 

Personally, I really don't have any issue finding a switch within my deck that's similar to the original poster.

The counter to that is zacian's attack does only 150 damage and it has to wait a turn before attacking again and alolan persian GX's HP is 200 and it's attack doesn't have a cooldown

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Soup1900 said:

The counter to that is zacian's attack does only 150 damage

 

Zacian V attack is 230 base damage.

 

2 hours ago, Soup1900 said:

it has to wait a turn before attacking again

 

That isn't an issue with the correct cards in a deck, as I stated "I really don't have any issue finding a switch within my deck" eg Air Balloon, Switch or using Cherish Ball/Quick Ball for Dedenne or/and Crobat V to draw into a Air Balloon, Switch. With 4 Metal Saucers and ADP charging up the bench attack, retreating is also also a valid option.

 

The Alolan Persian GX strategy you've suggest is decent but it's too situational for myself to consider it adding value to a ADP/Zacian V deck. It's use would be too inconsistent imo. Maybe if the player didn't have all the cards they wanted it could fill in until they do I suppose.

 

2 hours ago, Soup1900 said:

The counter to that is ...

 

So it's really not a counter at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 2/24/2021 at 2:27 PM, GrimBeard said:

 

Zacian V attack is 230 base damage.

 

 

That isn't an issue with the correct cards in a deck, as I stated "I really don't have any issue finding a switch within my deck" eg Air Balloon, Switch or using Cherish Ball/Quick Ball for Dedenne or/and Crobat V to draw into a Air Balloon, Switch. With 4 Metal Saucers and ADP charging up the bench attack, retreating is also also a valid option.

 

The Alolan Persian GX strategy you've suggest is decent but it's too situational for myself to consider it adding value to a ADP/Zacian V deck. It's use would be too inconsistent imo. Maybe if the player didn't have all the cards they wanted it could fill in until they do I suppose.

 

 

So it's really not a counter at all.

I wouldn't say it's too situational since they'll most likely going to be charging up adp 1st to use it's GX move and if you have Alolan Persian GX you can stop tat like I said in the 1st place. It's only meant to be a tank against certain decks since a lot f decks have tag teams, ultra beasts, and special energy. AN speaking of special energy they'll also be probably using special energy on zacian since like I suggested on my 1st suggestion to use powerful energy to deal more damage since 230 damage isn't going to be enough to 1 shot adp an if they want to 1 shot everything then they have to ad it since 230 plus 30(if u didn't negate altered creation GX with alolan persian) is only 260 plus powerful energy equals 280.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Soup1900 said:

I wouldn't say it's too situational...

 

So it's still situational then.

 

2 hours ago, Soup1900 said:

I wouldn't say it's too situational since they'll most likely going to be charging up adp 1st to use it's GX move and if you have Alolan Persian GX you can stop tat like I said in the 1st place. It's only meant to be a tank against certain decks since a lot f decks have tag teams, ultra beasts, and special energy. AN speaking of special energy they'll also be probably using special energy on zacian since like I suggested on my 1st suggestion to use powerful energy to deal more damage since 230 damage isn't going to be enough to 1 shot adp an if they want to 1 shot everything then they have to ad it since 230 plus 30(if u didn't negate altered creation GX with alolan persian) is only 260 plus powerful energy equals 280.

 

As I said before, 

 

On 2/24/2021 at 8:27 PM, GrimBeard said:

The Alolan Persian GX strategy you've suggest is decent but it's too situational for myself to consider it adding value to a ADP/Zacian V deck. It's use would be too inconsistent imo. Maybe if the player didn't have all the cards they wanted it could fill in until they do I suppose.

 

What I feel like you're doing is throwing in examples of how it could work and why it would. Anyone do that for any card for any deck.  If it works for you then cool.

 

For myself to go against (as I have in past games), it's not a threat, deterrent and certainly not a tank. For myself to use, "it's too situational for myself to consider it adding value to a ADP/Zacian V deck".

 

2 hours ago, Soup1900 said:

AN speaking of special energy they'll also be probably using special energy on zacian since like I suggested on my 1st suggestion to use powerful energy to deal more damage since 230 damage isn't going to be enough to 1 shot adp an if they want to 1 shot everything then they have to ad it since 230 plus 30(if u didn't negate altered creation GX with alolan persian) is only 260 plus powerful energy equals 280.

 

None of this applies to my version of an ADP/Zacian V deck or how I play it.

 

On 2/24/2021 at 8:27 PM, GrimBeard said:

So it's really not a counter at all.

 

For me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...