I need help about NEW Pheromosa GX DONK deck

Kostyurik

So, like everyone probably already know, Shaymin EX was banned in Expanded. For about two months already. I was 100% sure, without multiple usage of Set Up ability, any DONK deck would be impossible to made. 
BUT...
Recently, I've played in Expanded, using my favourite Marshadow GX/Mad Party deck and I was faced against someone with Pheromosa GX deck. I was curious about effectiveness of this deck, so instead of conceding, I sit through that extremely long first turn... AND IT ACTUALLY WORKED! Pheromosa GX one hit knocked out my only pokemon (Marshadow GX) and gets a win turn 1, before I've had an opportunity to even do something! 
And if this deck actually works - I need it for myself!
Unfortunately, the person I was faced against, turned off in settings possibility of someone copying his or her deck, so I've tried to memorize that deck as close as I could.

But I've probably failed miserably, because of 30 matches I've played with this deck, I only won 5. And this is not a percentage I'll be happy about.

There is my decklist:

Spoiler

- 4 Oranguru SUM 113
- 1 Crobat V
- 4 G. Zigzagoon
- 2 Pheromosa-GX
- 2 Dedenne-GX
- 4 Unown AOR 30

- 1 Beauty
- 4 PlusPower
- 2 Sky Field
- 4 Roller Skates
- 4 Custom Catcher
- 2 Bicycle
- 4 Recycle
- 1 Scoop Up Cyclone
- 4 Scoop Up Net
- 4 Super Scoop Up
- 1 Muscle Band
- 4 Ultra Ball
- 2 Pokémon Communication
- 2 Rotom Dex
- 2 Switch

- 1 Beast Energy {*}
- 1 Grass Energy

...if any of you could help me made this deck win more often, I'd appreciate it

Edited by Kostyurik

The Orangurus seem like a waste of bank space. I'd put in 2-3 Dragonite from EVO as those are scoopable and they get you two Unowns back, making it a Set Up light for 2 cards.

I'm not sure if I'd prefer it over Cyclone but you could use Dowsing Machine instead of Scoop Up Cyclone as it can get you a Net back if you need it and thin your hand for using Bicycles. Speaking of which, I'd put in 4 and use less Custom Catchers. Catching isn't as important in this archetype and the drawing effect is inferior to using Bikes.

Also better put in Marshadow-GX to hit for Fighting weakness.

You could also think about putting in Propagate Exeggcute just to be on the safe side.

I'd also put in an Hypnotoxic Laser or two, 170±20 is pretty much expected with this deck, excluding Weakness, so those 10 extra damage might come in handy.

That's what I can think of at the top of my head.

Edit: I'm also not sure about the Rotom Dexes, I believe you can better put in something that draws you cards instead of looking at cards you'd draw anyways.

Edited by OelBoy
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 1:39 AM, OelBoy said:

Speaking of Bicycles, I'd put in 4 and use less Custom Catchers.

I'd also put in an Hypnotoxic Laser or two, 170±20 is pretty much expected with this deck, excluding Weakness, so those 10 extra damage might come in handy.

Great ideas! I'm already swap Custom Catchers for Bicycles. And I totally brainfarted about Hypnotoxic Laser, they were in my opponent's deck for sure. I also add a few Seviper to make poison more effective

Also better put in Marshadow-GX to hit for Fighting weakness.

I'd think about it. It can't use Beast Energy tho...

I'm also not sure about the Rotom Dexes, I believe you can better put in something that draws you cards instead of looking at cards you'd draw anyways.

You thinking about wrong Rotom Dex. I meant the one switching your prize cards for cards in your deck. In case something important is prized

Edited by Kostyurik

9 hours ago, Kostyurik said:

You thinking about wrong Rotom Dex. I meant the one switching your prize cards for cards in your deck. In case something important is prized

Oh, my bad! Those might indeed come in handy.

9 hours ago, Kostyurik said:

I'd think about it. It can't use Beast Energy tho...

When hitting for weakness it will nearly always hit higher than Pheromosa with a Beast Energy.

And I tried building this deck myself and I have to say that Dragonite EX paired with Unowns is an absolute beast in this deck!

Edit: Oh, now that I think about it, Rescue Stretchers might be nice as you could almost always draw a card with them by taking an Unown and you can play more aggressively and discard Pheromosas and Dragonites without losing them permanently.

Edited by OelBoy