nekoshounen

Tip: Stop Evolving Your Active Pokemon when Death is imminent!

nekoshounen

I have to say it somewhere, but PLEASE if you want to be a better player, stop evolving your active Pokémon when my Active Pokémon IS CLEARELY going to kill the evolved version the moment you pass your turn.....

Unless you literally don't need that card and you want a smaller hand (and I seriously doubt every player I've seen thus far since coming back last week had a real reason for it) it's really really stupid to do. 

/endrant

Edit: yeah yeah could be for an evolution based quest, but it's still superbad play

Edited by nekoshounen
  • Downvote 4

PinkyPockyPanda

Call them stupid is a harsh word.  They could be just a small kid who cannot think that far or a simply drank too much and don't even know what he was doing.

Evolving a dead pokemon (for no good reason) may not be a good play but its not that bad  unless its a VMax or EX/GX that give opponent extra prize card. I have seen lot more worse play that thrown their winning game (to me). May be we should make a list to help them.

I know it may be difficult for some people to think ahead, but if possible, it is better to think what your opponent going to do on his/her next turn. 

Edited by PinkyPockyPanda
fix censored word
  • Upvote 3

DiegoEscu
10 hours ago, PinkyPockyPanda said:

Call them stupid is a harsh word.  They could be just a small kid who cannot think that far or a simply drank too much and don't even know what he was doing.

Evolving a dead pokemon (for no good reason) may not be a good play but its not that bad  unless its a VMax or EX/GX that give opponent extra prize card. I have seen lot more worse play that thrown their winning game (to me). May be we should make a list to help them.

I know it may be difficult for some people to think ahead, but if possible, it is better to think what your opponent going to do on his/her next turn. 

@PinkyPockyPandaThat’s beautiful. 😢

Bradaction

This may be true, but say they have crobat in hand. There are many potential advantages to burning a card. What if they have quick ball +1. If there is a pointless card and you have an opportunity to burn it (for an obvious advantage, as holding it can allow you to comm) then you should. Furthermore, if evolving allows you to take a K.O. then you should do it, as it allows compensation for your lost. 

Obviously the entire situation is just that, extremely situational, and depends on what is happening. To through an umbrella over the entire section seems absurd.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

nekoshounen

I will give you the first part, because I cannot see their hand.

3 hours ago, Bradaction said:

. Furthermore, if evolving allows you to take a K.O. then you should do it, as it allows compensation for your lost. 

But it's pretty obvious by my description I wasn't talking about evolving into something with a useful ability. I mostly see people putting a stage 1 Pokémon that's gonna be killed no doubt about it.

well sure it was a blanket statement, that was for effect.

Edit 

May be we should make a list to help them

@PinkiePockiePanda 

here let me begin:

• SUPPORTER CARDS THAT SAY "DRAW 3 CARDS" AND NOTHING ELSE ARE TERRIBBLE
Edited by nekoshounen
  • Downvote 1