ethantheman428

Pheromosa & Buzzwole GX Deck got me a 10-win streak

ethantheman428
I have no idea what a monster I have created. This deck is extremely good. Too good, in fact. I got a 10-win streak from it, and I had to go offline since, but next time I'll just charge it up! Just read the decklist man, and when you finish, I'd have gathered my thoughts.
Pokemon (eighteen)
x3 Pheromosa and Buzzwole GX 1/214
x2 Lurantis GX 15/149
x3 Fomantis 14/149
x2 Sceptile GX 22/214
x3 Grovyle 21/214
x3 Treecko 7/168
x1 Eldegoss 021/202
x1 Gossifleur 020/202
Trainer (twenty)
x3 Guzma and Hala 193/236
x2 Red and Blue 202/236
x2 Tag Call 206/236
x2 Coach Trainer 192/236
x2 Turffield Stadium 068/073
x3 Rocky Helmet 156/185
x1 Leon 154/185
x2 Dana 137/181
x1 Evelyn 141/181
x1 Nita 151/181
x1 Morgan 149/181
Energy (twenty-two)
x3 Draw Energy 209/236
x1 Beast Energy Prism Star 117/131
x2 Aromatic Grass Energy 162/185
x1 Warp Energy 70/73
x16 Grass Energy

So, here's the strategy:
PHEROMOSA&BUZZWOLE GX: This card has a Gx attack known as "Beast Game." For a grass energy, it does 50 damage, and if the 50 damage knocked out your opponent's Pokemon, you take an extra prize. Here's where the fun comes in: If you have 7 extra assorted energies attached to the card, take 3 EXTRA PRIZES instead. The deck is based around Pherowole (I will call the tag team Pheromole) taking the bulk of your prizes. FYI if you knock out a VMAX or tag team GX with Beast Game, and Pheromole has the extra 7 energy, that would give you all prize cards in a turn.
LURANTIS GX: Lurantis GX can use it's flower attack to attach 2 basic grass energy from the discard pile to any of your Pokemon in any combination. During your turn, use Red and Blue or Guzma and Hala to its full effect, and choose 2 grass energies for the 2 cards required for discard. Then revive them with Lurantis GX onto Pheromole.
GROVYLE/TURFFIELD STADIUM: Use them to look for cards you need.
ROCKY HELMET/BEAST ENERGY/LEON: Use them to get closer to a knockout with Beast Game GX attack.
MORGAN: Accelerate energy onto Pheromole if all else fails.
WARP ENERGY: When Pheromole is done and has 8 energies, put it into action by attaching a warp energy to your active.
GUZMA AND HALA: Guzma and Hala is used here for finding the exact special energies you need (Beast energy, warp energy, etc.) and at stadium, you're limited to Turffield for the stadium and Rocky Helmet as for tool.
Notes:
-In case you were wondering, I am sorry, as this deck is not standard-legal and instead meant for expanded.
-If you end up drawing Pheromole as your only starting Pokemon in the first 7 cards of setup, don't stress it! It's still really efficient to charge Pheromole in active spots, and you can Warp Energy that baby out anyways.
-If you ever do Red and Blue or Guzma and Hala and don't choose the option to discard two cards, EVEN IF THEY'RE THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT CARDS YOU HAVE, you officially made a dumb play.
That's it! I hope you enjoy the free-flow wins in expanded format!
Edited by ethantheman428
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raticate555

Have you tried Beast Ring? Being able to accelerate huge amounts of energy to your Buzzmosa for a couple of turns in the mid-game can really make your end-game a breeze. 8 energy Beast Game GX is potentially easier with a big Beast Ring turn and they are better when you have just 1 or 2 of them compared to the 4 must have of Morgan. I love your enthusiasm and I'm glad the deck is working so well for you! Good luck!

Edited by Raticate555

ethantheman428
4 hours ago, Raticate555 said:

Have you tried Beast Ring? Being able to accelerate huge amounts of energy to your Buzzmosa for a couple of turns in the mid-game can really make your end-game a breeze. 8 energy Beast Game GX is potentially easier with a big Beast Ring turn and they are better when you have just 1 or 2 of them compared to the 4 must have of Morgan. I love your enthusiasm and I'm glad the deck is working so well for you! Good luck!

Thanks! That should work really well, and I've only Morgan ed once in my play. Bye!