Vivid Voltage only cards deck

gens888

Me and my lil brother have just started getting back into the pokemon tcg after a year's break.  I was playing before around the time sword and shield came out, so me and my brother decided to play a challenge.  We would play on tcgone (basically a pokemon tcg website that lets you use whatever cards you want) while only allowed to use cards from one expansion.  All basic energy are allowed though. It was challenging, especially with the lack of good trainers in one expansion.  The deck I decided to make was Togekiss V-Max + all the "amazing" pokemon in the expansion.  It's quite clunky, but it is the best i can think of. energy can be used though.  The expansion we decided to use was Vivid Voltage, the newest expansion.  I would reccomend it to anybody reading as it is quite challenging to make a deck especially with the lack of good trainer cards.

* 1 Metagross VIV 118
* 4 Togekiss VMAX VIV 141
* 4 Jirachi VIV 119
* 4 Togekiss V VIV 140
* 1 Zacian VIV 82
* 1 Zamazenta VIV 102
* 1 Metang VIV 117
* 1 Snorlax VIV 131
* 1 Talonflame V VIV 168
* 2 Raikou VIV 50
* 1 Beldum VIV 116
* 2 Allister VIV 192
* 4 Opal VIV 197
* 2 Beauty VIV 148
* 4 League Staff VIV 153
* 4 Wyndon Stadium VIV 161
* 4 Fighting Energy Energy 6
* 4 Lightning Energy Energy 4
* 4 Grass Energy Energy 1
* 4 Psychic Energy Energy 5
* 7 Metal Energy (Basic) Energy 8  

Can you add any improvements to this deck, or find another deck that works using only vivid voltage cards.  I'm interested in seeing the lists.  One of the main problems in this expansion is that the supporter and search cards are quite lackluster, and without switch or air balloon, some creative solutions will be needed for retreating issues, search and draw support.  Next Time we'll be doing champion's path so any suggestions for that.  I find these modes quite entertaining as you can't just rely on staples every single time. 

PS: I wasnt advertising TCGOne so please no misunderstandings about that.

Edited by gens888

Update; I won the battle, and my deck was quite clunky, but his was more clunky, so it cancels out.  I plan to do a champion's path only deck, and I think Alcremie V-Max is a good idea.  What do you think? 

On 12/26/2020 at 6:34 AM, gens888 said:

Update; I won the battle, and my deck was quite clunky, but his was more clunky, so it cancels out.  I plan to do a champion's path only deck, and I think Alcremie V-Max is a good idea.  What do you think? 

Alcremie V-VMAX is good, its first attack builds up your Pokemon quite nicely. The deck I'd be afraid of would be something that utilizes Altaria CPA, that's a hard counter to Alcremie. Machamp CPA could also be a fun archetype to try, there's a decent array of Fighting Pokemon to make it quite powerful. I do think a CPA-only deck challenge will be less interesting than playing with VIV-only, as the card pool is far more limited. But, best of luck to both of you, I hope you have fun with this different idea!