[GENERAL] I can download this app on the playstore on my SAMSUNG GALAXY S10

darkdyllon

The sad truth aswell is, i can download this app on the playstore on my SAMSUNG GALAXY S10, which is obviously classed as a phone and not a tablet.

While my little brother, who has my old phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) can't download it even though the specs are way above the minimum (minus maybe the RAM, but it's minimum of 2GB recommended of 4GB, while the S8 has 4GB RAM onboard, why the **** does a game like PTCGO even need a 2-4GB ram requirement? not like this game is super demanding or anything)

if i go down the list of both the requirements of specs (not concidering the obvious flawed requirement of needing a tablet for whatever reason, even then, 4G is easily able to handle the data traffic)

need atleast dual core to quad core at 1.5 GHz, the S8 has 2.3 GHz OCTA core

2GB or 4GB of RAM, S8 has 4GB installed, so this works aswell.

6GB of avaiable space, not relevant as most modern phone come with either 32GB/64 or even 128GB onboard (my phone the S10 has 128GB installed)

Minimum supported display, 1024x600/1280x800/1024x768 ... the S8 has a display of 2960x1440, way above what the requirements are.

Literally it has everything required for this yet it's not "compatible" should just instal the APK on his phone, 100% it'll run fine, still confused why the S10 can download it though as the moderator has stated "if your device is labeled as a tablet it can download it" while obviously the S10 is a phone, not a tablet.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
reviving old threads is against the rules, title updated to reflect the sub's format, tags and item prefix included
Mod_GuruLot
11 hours ago, darkdyllon said:

The sad truth aswell is, i can download this app on the playstore on my SAMSUNG GALAXY S10, which is obviously classed as a phone and not a tablet.

While my little brother, who has my old phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) can't download it even though the specs are way above the minimum (minus maybe the RAM, but it's minimum of 2GB recommended of 4GB, while the S8 has 4GB RAM onboard, why the **** does a game like PTCGO even need a 2-4GB ram requirement? not like this game is super demanding or anything)

if i go down the list of both the requirements of specs (not concidering the obvious flawed requirement of needing a tablet for whatever reason, even then, 4G is easily able to handle the data traffic)

need atleast dual core to quad core at 1.5 GHz, the S8 has 2.3 GHz OCTA core

2GB or 4GB of RAM, S8 has 4GB installed, so this works aswell.

6GB of avaiable space, not relevant as most modern phone come with either 32GB/64 or even 128GB onboard (my phone the S10 has 128GB installed)

Minimum supported display, 1024x600/1280x800/1024x768 ... the S8 has a display of 2960x1440, way above what the requirements are.

Literally it has everything required for this yet it's not "compatible" should just instal the APK on his phone, 100% it'll run fine, still confused why the S10 can download it though as the moderator has stated "if your device is labeled as a tablet it can download it" while obviously the S10 is a phone, not a tablet.

Hello @darkdyllon

Welcome to the forums! 

Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention.

This has been forwarded to the development team fur further review.