[CARD] Horror House GX VS Dark Squall

Yukikko3807

Yukikko3807

My opponent player could use Hydreigon[DAA  110/189] ability "Dark Squall" when I used "Horror House GX" in my last turn.

This is wrong logic.

And sorry, I forgot to save log.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
non-official URLs are not allowed on the forums

I'd say that is correct as your opponent did not play Energy cards from their hand but used an Ability which attached Energy cards from the hand.

I didn't find a specific ruling about this other than Viridian Forest still working as you don't play but rather discard a card. If attaching Energy ≙ putting Energy into play ≙ playing Energy, you are right, but I feel there is a difference.

Mod_Jynthu

Hello Yukikko3807,

Thank you for sharing your report. If you run into this again, please be sure to save your game log! A game log helps us determine if cards behave as they should when interacting with other cards that have been played.

Yukikko3807

For OelBoy.

I think "play cards" means same as "cards into play field".

If you use Viridian Forest, play field does not hold any new cards, only in your hand and discard pile.

I know another ability that can use in Horror House GX, it's "Primate Wisdom",[oranguru, SSH, 148/202].

This ability interfere only player's hand and deck, so it can be used in Horror House GX.

"Dark Squall" affects play field.

On the matter of whether or not this would've been a correct ruling, I'd like to mention that the use of "Quick-Ripening Herb" of Meganium LOT is prohibited by Horror House GX, as this puts a card from your hand into the playing field, an action which is prohibited by Horror House, Oranguru's Primate Wisdom does not play the card, it swaps its place with the top of your deck, Viridian forest does not play the card either, it merely discards it. 

IceBeamTogetic

Quick-Ripening Herb and Dark Squall should be affected the same way under Horror House, as their interaction is the same: using an ability to put a card from your hand into play. I won't put my guess here as to whether they still work or not, as I don't have any similar rulings to go off of.

Viridian Forest and Oranguru are easy to resolve: neither involve you putting a card from your hand into play. In fact, the Viridian Forest + Horror House GX case is specifically ruled on in the Compendium.

A game log is very important for this, as it would help the support team replicate the bug, or help us see if your opponent played something like Marowak FCO 37 with the Bodyguard ability.

Edited by IceBeamTogetic