Gelderbald

Mewtwo-mew gx tag team ability

Gelderbald

Mewtwo and Mew GX Tag Team has the Ability, Perfection, which can use any attack from any Pokemon on the bench or discard pile.

How often during a turn can this card use its ability?

Thanks!

SlyFive0

Welcome to the forums, @Gelderbald

To answer your question, Mewtwo & Mew can use their ability only when you attack.

Hope this helps you out.    

Gelderbald

Thanks, SlyFive0. So that ability acts as the attack for the turn. 

SlyFive0

Yes, I believe so unless anyone out there has another answer.

SlowPokéDad

Yes it can only be used once per turn as it counts for the attack. It's just using it off of another GX on your bench. I have two of them in my deck along with two Mewtwo GX's and a few other GX's to use the ability from.. It's a nice feature to use!!

Otakutron
On 12/21/2020 at 11:51 PM, Gelderbald said:

Mewtwo and Mew GX Tag Team has the Ability, Perfection, which can use any attack from any Pokemon on the bench or discard pile.

How often during a turn can this card use its ability?

Thanks!

As this thread finally caught my eye:

Here is Mewtwo & Mew-GX reads:

Ability: Perfection
This Pokémon can use the attacks of any Pokémon-GX or Pokémon-EX on your Bench or in your discard pile. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

Notice that it says you are able to use the attacks of any Pokémon-GX or Pokémon-EX on your Bench or in your discard pile.  In other words, when you go to attack, you may select any printed on Mewtwo & Mew-GX or (via the Ability) printed on any Pokémon-EX or Pokémon-GX you have on your Bench or in your discard pile.  You're still attacking, however.  Perfection gives you a wider range of attacks to use, it does not give you extra attacks.

Consider Mimikyu (SW - Cosmic Eclipse 97/236, 245/236).  It has the following attack:

[C] Impersonation
Discard a Supporter card from your hand. If you do, use the effect of that card as the effect of this attack.

Notice how it is worded: "...use the effect of that card as the effect of this attack."  Even though Impersonation copies the effects of the discarded Supporter, it still counts as an attack, not using that Supporter.  Hence why you can use a Supporter and then use Impersonation in the same turn.

To my recollection, the only card One card that lets you attack twice in a single turn is Raichu (DP - Storm front 99/100) a.k.a. Raichu Lv.X.  This card's Poké-Body (a precursor to Abilities) did let you use a second attack, and it was worded to make it clear that the Poké-Body is what let you use a second attack.  If something was preventing Poké-Bodies from working, you wouldn't get the second attack.  If something was preventing attacks from working, you wouldn't get either attack.

Edited by Otakutron
Massive error

ellomello044208
46 minutes ago, Otakutron said:

To my recollection, the only card that lets you attack twice in a single turn is Raichu (DP - ********** 99/100) a.k.a. Raichu Lv.X.  This card's Poké-Body (a precursor to Abilities) did let you use a second attack, and it was worded to make it clear that the Poké-Body is what let you use a second attack.  If something was preventing Poké-Bodies from working, you wouldn't get the second attack.  If something was preventing attacks from working, you wouldn't get either attack.

Adding onto this idea of attacking twice, there are actually more Pokemon who can do this, that are legal in Expanded too, if you're interested in trying some of them. With the Ancient Trait Barrage, some Pokemon can attack twice. Some notable examples are Torchic PRC, Bunnelby PRC, and Medicham PRC.

• Like 1

Otakutron
On 1/12/2021 at 5:12 PM, ellomello044208 said:

Adding onto this idea of attacking twice, there are actually more Pokemon who can do this, that are legal in Expanded too, if you're interested in trying some of them. With the Ancient Trait Barrage, some Pokemon can attack twice. Some notable examples are Torchic PRC, Bunnelby PRC, and Medicham PRC.

Thanks.  I don't know how I forgot about those, consider I've used most of the them in various decks before. XP  I think I just made the mistake of fixating on Abilities.  Then again, Raichu Lv.X isn't using an Ability either so... nope, just a total brain fail on my part. >_<

At least this let me learn that a particular TCG set has a censored name...