Jump to content

I need help dealing with evolved Pokémon! [Standard]


pikayou
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone!

I recently saved up and managed to make my first ever competitive deck. I think it's a pretty common archetype, essentially Greedent can deal 100 damage with it's Smack and Run attack which puts it back into the hand allowing Altaria to move to the active spot with it's ability preventing damage from Pokémon V and GX. As it is the deck does pretty well against big 2 prizers and can hold it's own decently against 1 prize decks like baby Blacephalon with Blizzard Town and Pokedoll. The issue comes with decks that have 1 prizers with a lot of health, like Charizard from VIV. I can generally hold them for a little bit but depending on how quickly they get set up it's really hard to win against them. Are there any additions to my deck that you guys can suggest that would fix these issues? (As a side note I've also been struggling with Aegislash V, which I've seen in some ADPZ decks).

Any help is appreciated :)

 

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 3 Skwovet DAA 152
* 3 Swablu CPA 48
* 3 Altaria CPA 49
* 3 Greedent DAA 153
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 1 Mew UNB 76

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Vitality Band SSH 185
* 2 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
* 4 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 3 Lillie's Poké Doll CEC 197
* 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 2 Pokémon Communication BLW 99
* 2 U-Turn Board UNM 211
* 3 Blizzard Town UNM 187
* 4 Switch SSH 183

##Energy - 11

* 3 Capture Energy RCL 171
* 4 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 4 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190

Total Cards - 60

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pikayou said:

Are there any additions to my deck that you guys can suggest that would fix these issues?

 

Hey bud. I made my own version of this deck a while back here is how it stands.

 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 19

* 1 Kangaskhan DAA 133
* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 4 Skwovet DAA 152
* 4 Swablu CPA 48
* 4 Altaria CPA 49
* 4 Greedent DAA 153
* 1 Mew UNB 76

Trainer Cards - 35

* 1 Vitality Band SSH 185
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 1 Cynthia & Caitlin CEC 189
* 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 1 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 1 Sky Pillar CES 144
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 4 Great Ball SSH 164
* 2 Bird Keeper DAA 159
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Erika's Hospitality TEU 174
* 4 Lillie's Poké Doll CEC 197
* 4 Professor's Research CPA 62
* 3 Marnie CPA 56
* 1 U-Turn Board UNM 211

Energy - 6

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 2 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ****

 

There's a lot of similarities between our decks but enough of a difference for a player to mull things over. Whenever I play this deck I'd estimate I win 8 outta 10 games. It's very rare to start with a bad hand - or at least a hand that you can't get out of. Hope it helps.

 

EDIT: I thought It'd be interesting to add that, I do have all the relevant cards in your version so my deck listing isn't the way it is due to limitations of my collection.

 

Edited by GrimBeard
Adding a sentence.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2020 at 8:23 AM, GrimBeard said:

 

Hey bud. I made my own version of this deck a while back here is how it stands.

 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 19

* 1 Kangaskhan DAA 133
* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 4 Skwovet DAA 152
* 4 Swablu CPA 48
* 4 Altaria CPA 49
* 4 Greedent DAA 153
* 1 Mew UNB 76

Trainer Cards - 35

* 1 Vitality Band SSH 185
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 1 Cynthia & Caitlin CEC 189
* 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 1 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 1 Sky Pillar CES 144
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 4 Great Ball SSH 164
* 2 Bird Keeper DAA 159
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Erika's Hospitality TEU 174
* 4 Lillie's Poké Doll CEC 197
* 4 Professor's Research CPA 62
* 3 Marnie CPA 56
* 1 U-Turn Board UNM 211

Energy - 6

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 2 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ****

 

There's a lot of similarities between our decks but enough of a difference for a player to mull things over. Whenever I play this deck I'd estimate I win 8 outta 10 games. It's very rare to start with a bad hand - or at least a hand that you can't get out of. Hope it helps.

 

EDIT: I thought It'd be interesting to add that, I do have all the relevant cards in your version so my deck listing isn't the way it is due to limitations of my collection.

 

I was looking at your list and I realized, it’s not actually Standard. I get that Twin Energy would replace DCE, but what would you replace Sky Pillar with? Also, if you choose to play Expanded with this deck, I’d add in 1 Ditto {*}, it’s quite handy in decks with more than 1 Stage 1 line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ellomello044208 said:

I was looking at your list and I realized, it’s not actually Standard. I get that Twin Energy would replace DCE, but what would you replace Sky Pillar with? Also, if you choose to play Expanded with this deck, I’d add in 1 Ditto {*}, it’s quite handy in decks with more than 1 Stage 1 line. 

 

I won't lie I didn't even consider Standard and/or Expanded when I responded. I should have as it's right there in the title. I guess I just forgot because I was excited I may be helpful to someone < didn't mean that to read/sound so negative btw lol.

 

I like to use Sky Pillar as a back up/alternative to using Mew's Bench Barrier ability so I wouldn't replace it. That said I did recently delete my original version of this deck which was a Standard deck and therefore didn't have Sky Pillar in it - for love or money though I can't remember what I had in it's place.

 

Chaotic Swell and Frozen City could work as an alternative I suppose. Chaotic Swell purpose being obvious whereas Frozen City could/would apply some chip damage that could soften up those bigger HP cards.

 

Sadly, I don't have a Ditto Prism but that'd defo be a card to consider for sure.

Edited by GrimBeard
Adding a sentence.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As opposed to Frozen City, I'd try out Team Magma's Base. It's similar, but it's better for getting a little chip damage (though it's more expensive because it can only be obtained through trading).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2020 at 4:02 AM, ellomello044208 said:

As opposed to Frozen City, I'd try out Team Magma's Base. It's similar, but it's better for getting a little chip damage (though it's more expensive because it can only be obtained through trading).

 

I don't have Team Magma's Base however I do have Shrine Of Punishment which is similar in nature I believe, that could perhaps work as a sub I guess.

Edited by GrimBeard
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...