Marshadow GX

ShiningArcanine

ShiningArcanine

Marshadow's ability to use attacks from any basic pokemon that is in the graveyard is broken. There have been many occasions now playing mad party in expanded that it comes down to this busted mechanic that doesn't seem to get fixed. THIS MECHANIC IS HOW OLD FIX IT

IceBeamTogetic

If by "broken" you mean overpowered, then you're incorrect (and also posting in the wrong forum). It has good utility, but it never saw widespread play when it was Standard, and even in expanded it really only sees play to counter dark decks. Marshadow-gx is useful as a fifth attacker in Mad Party, but since it only has 150hp and is worth 2 prizes, it's trivial to one-shot (defeating the purpose of single-prizer decks). When I played mad party in expanded (before Shaymin ban) I only ever put down my 1-of marshadow if I was desperate or facing pikarom/turbo dark.

If by "broken" you mean not working properly, you need to post a game log. It's possible you missed something (like a Shadow Stitching or Karen) that would otherwise prevent you from using your ability. If it's a bug, the game log helps the Support team recreate the issue and fix it.

The mechanic is working as it should be, I see no bug here. The ability Shadow Hunt allows Marshadow-GX to use attacks from basic pokemon in its discard pile, which Bunnelby with the attack mad party would be, thank you for the bug report. 

Please attach a game log for further review if you do not believe it to be.

Edited by BukWyrm
TPCi_Mathis

@ShiningArcanine, I know these are probably a dumb questions, but since we don't have a game log to work with I just want to make sure that they're ruled out. When you click on Shadow Hunt...

1. Do you have at least 1 DAA Dedenne or DAA Bunnelby in your discard pile? DAA Polteageist and/or DAA Galarian Mr. Rime are both Stage 1 Pokémon, so you can't choose their Mad Party attack with Shadow Hunt.
  2. Do you have the correct amount and type of Energy to use the Mad Party attack attached to Marshadow-GX? Bunnelby's Mad Party has a different attack cost than Dedenne's Mad Party. If Marshadow-GX has only a Double Colorless Energy attached and the only Basic Pokémon in your discard pile with Mad Party is Dedenne then you're not going to be able to cover its {P}{C}{C} attack cost. You'd need to either attach a {P} Energy to Marshadow-GX or get a Bunnelby into your discard pile.
ellomello044208

Another possibility that I think is quite possible is that a player attaches a Twin Energy from hand to Marshadow GX, mistaking it for a Double Colorless Energy which is fair, as the two Energy cards look very similar. But then, due to Twin Energy's effect, which means it only provides 1 Energy when attached to a V or GX, the player is unable to use Mad Party, as they do not truly have the correct energy attached.

• Upvote 1