Cannot trade full art Leon?

Aaron222_

I am unable to trade a full art Leon I recently pulled from a Vivid Voltage pack. I purchased the pack from the in game store for 200 coins. After pulling the card, I noticed it is trade locked. I do not know why this is, as I did not receive the pack for free, and my account is about 2 weeks old. 

Welcome to the forums, @Aaron222_

If you buy a booster pack from the shop in game, those cards are unable to be traded. 

However, if you redeem a code, you'll be able to trade it without trouble. 

Hope this helps  

55 minutes ago, SlyFive0 said:

If you buy a booster pack from the shop in game, those cards are unable to be traded. 

Hope this helps  

Hey, guess what? You just helped me out too!

10 hours ago, Aaron222_ said:

I am unable to trade a full art Leon I recently pulled from a Vivid Voltage pack. I purchased the pack from the in game store for 200 coins. After pulling the card, I noticed it is trade locked. I do not know why this is, as I did not receive the pack for free, and my account is about 2 weeks old. 

Emphasis added.

@SlyFive0 already answered, but given how the question was phrased, I thought it worth clarifying.  When players talk about "free packs" and the like in the PTCGO, they are referring to those not received through Redemption Codes.  The most likely way to obtain Redemption Codes is through purchasing or trading for a physical Redemption Code card.  Getting stuff in the game when you didn't spend real money on it at some point - as opposed to the in-game currency you're also getting "for free" is why many will refer to them as "free" packs.

Yes, this ignores how some tradable packs are "free", even according to what I just said.  That is why I tend to refer to them as tradable and non-tradable (or trade-locked) packs, though for all I know I call them "free" all the time and just haven't realized it. XP  No sense complaining about when they give us tradable packs, though... or when they allow us to earn them.

On 12/11/2020 at 5:07 PM, SlyFive0 said:

Hope this helps  

Thank you that clears it up

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you buy a pack from the store, the contents and the pack before you open it is Trade locked. The way to get tradable cards is code cards, events (tournaments), and sometimes daily missions. If you want to get tradable boosters from Daily Missions, you have to be a certain level.